Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

XM radio

Old 01-31-2005, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM radio

Does anyone have satellite radio in their car? I have XM with a skyfi2. I am trying to find a more attractive way to mount other than with the vent like it is currently.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:30 PM

I have Sirius. I used to have a plug and play unit that I had mounted in my glove box. I recently bought a Clarion HU that was sirius ready so now I have my receiver in the trunk.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:34 PM

I am almost wishing that I had gone that route, but the skyfi I got for $50+3 months of service = $80...it was too hard to pass. I just need a better spot because it is so gaudy.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:44 PM

I'm not sure how big your unit is, but my plug and play unit was small enough for me to mount in the glove box. Is yours small enough? I usually left it on one station anyway so I never really had a problem with not looking at the thing all of the time.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:07 PM

I have serious ADD issues, and I am constantly changing stations. I guess I am just looking for any other ideas on placement.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:24 PM

I have XM with skyfi2 also but I use it in my wife's truck...
Old 01-31-2005, 01:26 PM

I'm not sure how the mount is but would you be able to mount it below the stereo HU where that cubby is?
Old 01-31-2005, 01:31 PM

That is what I want to figure out. What I want to do is figure out a way to spring load it similar to the cup holder so it can slide in and out when I want. Is there anyone here good at that type of engineering. Just something to put in the cubby and keep the cup holder.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

Post a pic of your unit if you can (to get ideas)
and where it is mounted now
If you can't host pics then e-mail them to me and I will host them for you...
pganpath@mac.com
I like the way it looks when things are mounted at an angle in the cig. lighter/ashtray pop out thing. It doesn't have to swing out like it does now, but if you can fabricate something to mount it and wire it up there, that'd look good in my opinion...I need a pic to see how big it is. From what Ultra said about mounting his in his glove box! I don't think my idea would work...
also ultra said in the cubby hole below the HU spot but I dunno what the interior of the RD2 is like...
Old 01-31-2005, 01:47 PM

I will post some pics in about an hour after I get home from work. I am not sure where to host my images. I may just email them to you. Thanks for your help. Oh yeah, and if I use that, I still need access to the cigarette lighter for the power supply.