Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

What Led's And Resistors

Old 08-20-2007, 06:57 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

The tach needle is bouncy instead of smooth. When you hit a bump it will go up and down. If you want to try to figure out what it is, you can have it. I think there's a small piece of rubber or something that needs to be pushed down. I'll ship both for $10 + shipping. I think e-bay charges $50 for each.

to clarify, you know how the needle moves slowly towards the end of it's travel? it springs right back. Probly a pice of rubber or something that you can swap from one set to the other.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

cool man, it would help so much. do you have any photos? here's a pic though i should have had it all done in blue like yours, we thought red needles would have been just fine. it turned out a little more vivid but cool.

the rpm needle doesn't function at all. some silver part is broken on the motor. and speedometer needles worked for a second then just shut off. some of the CEL lights don't work either for some reason i have no idea why.

i think the easiest thing to for for me is just to frankenstein two clusters together with two motors already in. i
i'll let you know see because my friend was working on the needles and he had to break off the plastic mirrors on the inside. the result, needles light up brighter than anything on there, bad news he accidently knocked something out of place that can't be fixed.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:28 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

shit that looks cool.

you probably just need a couple more motors. i would also swap out the 5mm leds, they are just way to big to fit with any kind of decent room around them with those clearances.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 PM
DTN

^^ the cool thing about 5mm LEDs is that you can shave them down until they're 3mm. You loose alot of light to the sides though. It would be best to swap to 3mm LEDs... or SMT, i've wanted to try that. You could put them like anywhere, just solder the two ends together and you've got 2 LEDs in a smaller space.

HKC: yeah, I could send you an entire cluster. It's in storage. I would not send the needles, gauge faces and the clear plastic front, as they've been experimented on. It's a set I had in my car at one time so it's got some LEDs in it, but like I said, it was experimented on. I could send enough 3MM blue LEDs for you and the cluster with mentioned parts removed for $50 shipped.

I've got another complete cluster as well. It's LED'd up, fully, with backlighting, as well as blue cross thatched needles for $120.

Let me know what you wanna do. I've got parts you could use here. I've got no real use for them. I started charging too much because LED clusters are a PITA, so I don't really do them anymore. The parts are in storage so if you are serious, let me know.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:41 PM

thanks, yeah totally, superbrightleds sent the wrong ones!! i ordered 3mm ones and everything would have been sooo perfect damn.

yeah the 5mm ones you can shave, we didn't want to shave them down on the needle portion but in the end we paid the ultimate price.

adam, the whole bottom portion of the cluster would be wonderful. you could even keep the lid and cover everything here is perfect but the two motors are down. i can't believe it you guys are a huge help and have been all the way through.

for $50 is great if you're down with it, and if you have some spare 3mm reds you can toss in that would be a big help. i can wait a while if it's in storage.

man i thought i was going to be finished with the car before school. gah!! but sooner thanks to you kids.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:41 AM
DTN

I can get them sent off tomorrow. PM me with your contact information.

The red LEDs I have are speced at Wavelength:630nm, FV:1.9V-2.3V, MCD: 10,000, Viewing angle: 20 degrees, Average foreward current: 20 mA, Max foreward current: 30mA.

Do you want shaved or non-shaved? I do not have 635ish ohm resisors. However if you'd like, you could run them on 510 ohm resistors if you run sets of 2 LEDs. I always calculate 14.6V for the battery voltage.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:25 PM

That's perfect, unshaved would be great but if shaved work good on the needles then i'm down with it. I have 620ohm resistors so it's close enough.

I'm sending you a PM.