Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Thinking About Making One To Fit....

Old 01-24-2008, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Benen-B-pil...sspagenameZWDVW

Im sure I could build something to fit perfectly. It obviously would arch upwards above the rear seat or out behind the front seats a little. Then again, I could also build one for people who dont have a rear seat and just have it go straight across as well. Just imagine how well the car would handle if you had a B pillar bar, floor bar, and front and rear strut bars. *lol* Plus not to mention sway bars, and a good set of springs.

Hmmm...I know what my weekend project is gonna be. smile.gif If it turns out pretty well....I might start selling them in the HA store when I get it up and running.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds good man.. i was in the process of getting these done, but then i moved and never got back to finishing up the measurements. i had a prototype made, but it was slightly off.

i might be interested depending on the price. but im trying to just stop modding the tib. i need to move onto something else.

what are you thinking of making them out of?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Not sure yet. Prototype would be made out of thick steel tubing. Once everything looked good and was a perfect fit, I would get a bunch of tubes and have them chromed or powder coated. Definitely wouldnt start selling anything until I had a good stock/supply on hand (30 plus bars), so people wouldnt have to wait or have to buy into a group buy. smile.gif

I'm going to start the project this weekend. I have a few steel tubes laying around my garage. Just a matter of cutting & bending the tubes, and fabricating brackets to be either bolted or welded on to them. Not a very difficult item to make at all. smile.gif
Old 01-24-2008, 10:52 AM
Banned

right on fing02.gif i would probably use a desing that the brackets bolt to the bar for a few reasons..

it will save on time
it will make for easy quick removal without removing the seat belt brackets
it will be easier to produce
it will be easier to ship (wont have the ends sticking out)

you could also use some type of quick release bolt/pin set up, so it could be removed in a few seconds without tools (in case people need to sit back there, or your back there for any reason and dont wanna hit your head)
Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Would a bar like this be a safe mounting point for 4 point race harnesses?
Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

It would be a great place to mount it to. I have also been thinking about making one of these for handling and for a harness.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:47 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I think it'd be pretty awesome if you made it sort of 'U' shaped, so it curved up towards the roof and could be left in all the time.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

I don't think this would work with height adjustable seatbelts tho, you wouldn't have any good places to bolt on to the frame except underneath the interior plastic but a hole could be drilled in the interior plastic body I guess and then it could work and it would be much higher then actually
Old 01-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned

the U-shaped idea is a pretty good one, but it would then involve making a jig to get them the same each time and more work as far as fabbing them up. more work = more $$$. also, with the U-shaped design it wouldn't be as rigid of a bar and shipping prices would be a bit higher.

with the adjust able design, you would need to cut your interior plastic up a bit to get to the main mount bolt. the main mount bolt is probably AT least an inch or so higher than the top of the highest adjustment setting
Old 01-24-2008, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 2000 hyundai tiburon

i like the idea. it is very practical for both stability an racing harnesses, but caj, a curved bar wouldnt do anything for stability. if these get done i will be interested