Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Temp Knob Broke???

Old 07-14-2001, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temp Knob Broke???

I didnt know where else to put this but here goes, I just installed the SR Gauges and i have come by 2 problems. First im not quite sure but is there a way (without going to a garage) to make sure all my needles are calibrated right. I think my speedometer is close but im pretty sure my tac is way under. Second when i took the dash off i did something to the temp dial so that now i cannot turn the knob at all and it stays on a constant heat. Not very fun in the summertime... If somone could help me with the temp gauge it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-15-2001, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Your speedo is probably off. Same with your tacho. I set mine with my laptop and OBD-ii cable. Without one of those, your best guess is you try to "mirror" a buddy while he drives at a set speed, and set your speedo needle to that. You can set your tacho by, get this...boucing your car off the rev limiter. It should hit 6750. If it goes higher or lower, you know it is off.

The problem with the temp dial is you forgot to hook up the lower end of the cable. Look at my install FAQ. The white thing down by the gas pedal. hook that back up and you should be fine.
Old 07-16-2001, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, everything appears to be hooked up with the temp dial only it still wont turn to the right. If i try to force it, it just get's pulled back to the left but it still puts out only hot air.
Old 07-16-2001, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

Then you've got the white temp selector installed mirrored of the way it should be. Don't feel bad. I did the same thing.

Disconnect the cable, then take the white thing off with the screw. Then install it the other way. Then re-attach the cable.

Like I said...don't feel bad. I did the same thing when I did mine the first time!