Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

which subs????

Old 11-30-2004, 01:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: airram compatible strut bar?

Should i get 2 15' solo barics from Kicker or 2 15' MoJo from Memphis Audio????

I can not decide on which to get. I have heard great things about memphis audio and i would just like to hear some opinions.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:02 PM

Default Re: winter tires final choice Questions

I know you didn't ask, but I'll say it anyway. Why do you need 15's??? The larger the sub, the larger the amount of volume it needs to reproduce low bass.The more volume it needs, the less space you have left over in the car.I don't know, I just don't think it's practical for a sport compact.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:10 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon
Default Re: Aftermarket Pistons

go with 2 12" type r's in the custom apline box.. thats wut i have and they are amazing. My buddy has 2 15" type R's and it sounds crappy. :roll:

It takes so much power and all you end up with is bass. it over powers the in car speakers ( he replaced in car with pioneer's still does the same ) . He can't turn them up real loud because the bass distorst the in car speakers from the vibrations.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Bright blue bmwbenz headlights

Over the last year or so ive learned a lot when it comes to car audio. If you go with the 15 youll mos def hit lower notes. However it will not be as bouncy or as fast when it comes to rock music for those double bass parts. And also from experience, i would never go with anything but JL Audio. They req. so little power and put out such a loud fast bass sound that nothing can touch them. The JL Audio W7 in many peoples opinion is the best sub on the market right now. If those listed above are your only choices, memphis is never a bad brand and a buddy of mine was pleased with his. ( He still couldnt touch my JL though). So i guess for you, it depends on what kind of music you listen to and what you need your sub to do.

Also, if your worried about space you can do a custom encloser in the spare tire well.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:58 PM

Default Re: WTB: STOCK 97-99 TIB FRONT BUMPER

I got 2 Solobaric 10" L7 Kicker's, they hit real hard and sound really nice. You really dont need 15's though, thats for sure.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Ebay Alerts........

I have 2 12' audiobahn subs in a bandpass box right now, i was just wanting something for some audio competitions. the ones i got now are amazing i just thought a little bigger might be better. thanks for all your help though. if it wasnt for you guys steering me in the right direction i would just waste a lot of money smile.gif thanks
Old 12-02-2004, 09:19 AM

Default Re: HOLD light?

No problem, here to help.

For competition (even just normal listening), those 12's you have should be fine.You can do alot of tweaking.Like play with a different enclosure type, bass processing/eq, etc.If you're looking for more SPL, one thing you could do is get a phase processor.Set it up so that the bass is as loud as it can be at the microphone position.