Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

stupid retaining clip . . .

Old 08-19-2001, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stupid retaining clip . . .

I noticed yesterday that my alarm antenna was sticking out the side of my center console (between the cover and the dashboard). So I pulled the shift-boot cover and center console out, relocated the antenna and reassembled.

It went fine until I tried to put on the shift cover panel. I forgot to dig out one of the metal "V" clips and put it on the plastic tabs; I left it in the slot. Well, I push the plastic piece in and I hear a "ping!" The clip shot through and was perched precariously on some wires for the keyless entry and alarm system. I carefully reached in to get it (I think you know what comes next), but before I could get a second finger on it, it plummeted down beneath the wires, possibly under the shifter or interior panel, never to be seen again.

Anyway, so I either need to take a lot of the center apart or find a replacement clip. Anyone know where I can get these? Will the dealership even sell them independently?

Also, my shift boot is getting worn. Does SR still sell the shorter boot for the short-shifters? I may order that and see if Boogyman will throw in some of those clips.

thanks,
a
Old 08-20-2001, 12:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Toyota Prius 2006 Suzuki SV650S

You can get those clips from your FLAPS (Friendly Local Auto Parts Store).
Old 08-20-2001, 12:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, so those are standard auto parts? Good then. I was worried that they'd be like (in Cleatus voice from the Simpsons) "We, uh, ain't got no, uh, parts for one of them thar' Heeyundies."

Cool, I'll run by Trak or Pep tomorrow then.

Thanks,
a