Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Amp Installation

Old 08-19-2001, 04:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Tib
Default Amp Installation

Has anyone installed an amp without drilling a hole in the firewall of a 2001 tiburon. I can't seem to find any pre-holes.
Old 08-20-2001, 05:57 AM

I'm presuming that you have a standard, as the automatic would have a hole pre-cut for the clutch actuator.

All in all, you're probably going to have to drill. If you can follow the factory wiring harness into the cabin, you may get away with 4 AWG wire, but chances are, it'll be too tight. I'd recommend that you attempt to follow the factoyr wiring harness. It's the most likely place that you're going to be able to get the amp power wire into the cabin.

Good luck.
Old 08-21-2001, 12:33 AM

I put and amp in my car by running through the hole my factory keyless entry/security system used. If there isn't one there already yuo can still use that location and just seal it up with some silicon caulk. If you look under your dash and under where your steering column goes through the firewall. There should be a nice empty spot just below it. It will come through into your engine bay right underneath your master cylinder for your brakes (I think). I ran 8 guage wire for a 600 Watt amp and never had a problem. Let me know if you need some photos and I'll try and get them posted somewhere.