Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Stock Gas/temp Gauge

Old 06-10-2005, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went for a drive today my gauges worked fine, ate dinner came back to roll up my windows and my gas/temp gauge was going down. So i turn on the car and let it run for a min and it went back to normal. Then I came back 20 mins later to see if it was still doing it and it was. Anyone know if i would have a loose wire somewhere or need to go get this checked out?
Old 06-11-2005, 10:51 AM

so i guess me and importshark are the only ones with this problem?
i checked the wires near the pedals and everything seemed to be fine but who knows. Well its not the eng. temp now its just the gas and it goes up and down when i drive.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:34 PM

ok how much does it flux when you drive? does it go up and down when you are on level ground? or only when you drive up and down hills? i don't know how the sending unit for the tib is. but i installed a new guage for my friend in his old truck it's a pain in the ass. his was a float style. i never go it to read perfect. i only got it to read 3/4 when full. but i do know they it runs off of an ohm value.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:25 PM

you guys try recalibrating them?
Old 06-11-2005, 03:08 PM

QUOTE (01importshark @ Jun 11 2005, 10:20 AM)
my gas guage reads about a half a tank over what i actually have in it.. happened all of a sudden.. really weird.. i tried pushing it all the way down.. and it goes all the way back up..

In your case, if you haven't touched (changed) your gauges to say white face ones, most likely it's your floater in the gas tank that reads the amount of gas that's f'd.

As for 97Tibby, no clue,
Old 06-11-2005, 08:55 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Hrrrmmmm, funny, prolly something to do with the floater as well. I know I ran out of gas when I had my gauges out and the gas light has been on ever since. I think i messed something up myself.

Is this happening while the car is running? Could be faulty wires, could be the pump and float too. ????