Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Alarm Installation Help

Old 06-09-2005, 11:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Okay I bought a Viper 320HV alarm system and I want to install it myself. The shop charges WAY to much for this installation and I'd rather do it myself.

I've never installed an alarm before so I just need clarification of those who have or know anything wire wise.

Here it comes :

H1 (7 pin)

orange - ground when armed - to optional sensor or accessory? --- what is this one for?

White/blue - chan 3 auxiliary output - optional accessories? - wheres that go?

Green - ( Door drigger output ) - negative door pin switch - wheres that connect?

Violet ( door drigger input ) - postivie door pin switch - ????

Blue - all door unlock relay - second unlock output ---- confused about that one too

violet/black - connect to opttional accessory - chan 4 - why do i have so many accessory wires? Do they all connect to something?

That's about all the questions I have so far, I'm sure there will be more to come.

So who ever can help me out with those wires would be awsome.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:23 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

orange- grounds when armed, perfect for a scanner led thing, or just about anything you want to be acitve while the alarm is armed.

White/blue- puts power out when you push a certain button(or combination of buttons) on the remote.you will probably need to use a relay for this to activate something with that button, as it probably cannot supply enough power for something like window roll up/doo unlook....

we have a negative door pin switch, so disregard violet and use green. you will want to find the black/white wire here to tap into:

the blue wire will unlock all doors. does your pass. side door unlock if you unlock yours?

violet/black - see white/blue

do some searching on www.the12volt.com

also, how much were they charging to install it?
Old 06-09-2005, 09:58 PM

125$ plus tax for 3 hour labour.

Yes passanger side unlocks when I unlock driver side.

I'm starting the install Friday morning and If I have questions I'll post them here.

ALso I have a 7 pin for the doors.. so I'm not sure why I need the blue one. Can I just use the blue one and not use the 7 pin harness?
Old 06-11-2005, 10:07 AM

Wow... I didn't pay for installation on mine.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:29 PM

well to to the keyless entry you will have to buy 1 power door lock actuator, 2 relays and some 10ga wire. I lost my diagram for how to set up the relays. but you should go back to the shop where you bought the alarm and ask them for the wireing print out. after you install the alarm you will see why they charge so much. also make sure you have plenty of true T taps not the crappy walmart brand. buy 3m. also make sure you have plenty of female connectors. also clear out an entire afternoon. because it will take every bit of it. took me 3 hours to install a basic alarm in my truck.
Old 06-11-2005, 06:07 PM

Okay I'm back with questions.

I have (+) ignition input (yellow) connected to ingintion (black/white for the car)

Now I also have 2 black wires which connect directly into the viper computer. It says I have to cut the starter wire ( which is also black/white , correct me if I'm wrong but thats what the car wiring diagram I got from the shop says. ) Then connect one black wire to one side, then one black wire to the other side and plug the 2 black wires in the viper computer.

I don't understand why I need that? Whats the yellow wire for then because I have that connected to the black/white aswell. Is it that if the alarm is going so that the car can't get started? And the yellow is that if the car gets started the alarm goes off?

Now about the keyless entry. these are the wires I have. (7 pin plug)
Violet - unlock relay normally open
blue/black - unlock relay common
brown/black - unlock relay normally closed
violet/black - lock relay nnormally open
green/black- lock really common
whire/black - lock relay normally closed
black/white- input to on board domelight supervision

I have no idea how to connect these wires. My power locks actuator has 5 wires. And I dont have a wiring diagram to them. What about the blue wire I stated above that's titled second unlock output - it says connect to all door unlock relay. Why do I need this when I have those 7 wires above?

My last question is I have a brown/black (-) and it says connect to horn honk output. Why do I need this, wont the alarm siren chrip for arming and disarming etc. Why do I need the horn connect aswell?

I appologize for all the questions but any kind of help would be appreciated.
Old 06-12-2005, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

post an online link to a wiring diagram for this alarm and ill tell you where to connect everything.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:21 PM

There is no online wiring diagram for it.

Its the viper 320HV
Old 06-12-2005, 08:46 PM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

How about this...

http://www.directechs.com/guides/manuals/i...N431V_07-04.pdf

Hopefully it helps, tibyy01

A person I know have the same alarm. BTW, Tanc, how much did you pay for the alarm in CDN?
Old 06-12-2005, 08:59 PM

200 with taxes.

Thanks a lot for the link. I thought only delears can access that website smile.gif

There ya go tibby help me with H2 and H3 smile.gif