Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Speaker Leds

Old 05-22-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

I was planning on running some LEDs around my speakers (inside of it), and was wondering where I can tap in power for it. Is it permissible to run my LEDs to the wires on the speaker? Will it have enough power to light them up well? I've looked in there, and there's only 2 wires going to the speaker. If I solder my LEDs onto those wires, will it work? Would the LED's get brighter or dimmer depending on how loud the speaker is, or doesn't that matter?
I was wanting to tap into the speaker wire so the LEDs would only be on when the radio was on instead of having them always on or having some sort of on/off switch, but wanted some opinions on that first.
Also, are the eBay ones good enough?
url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/30-BLUE-LED-Fits-BMW-E36-328-M3-interior-dome-lights_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33713QQitemZ8066 862529]eBay LEDs[/url]
Thanks!
SE
Old 05-22-2006, 06:13 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

you need a voltage regulator circuit.... still working on a DIY mang
Old 05-22-2006, 06:15 PM

^^^^ what's a voltage regulator circuit??? Would I need to purchase anything special, or is it just a complex circuit?
How long do you think until your DIY is ready?
Thanks mang!
SE
Old 05-22-2006, 06:36 PM

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=164
Old 05-22-2006, 07:40 PM
DTN

QUOTE (StrikeEagle @ May 22 2006, 06:15 PM)
^^^^ what's a voltage regulator circuit??? Would I need to purchase anything special, or is it just a complex circuit?
How long do you think until your DIY is ready?
Thanks mang!
SE

nothing

The dancing LED/VU meter is just a SIMPLE circuit. I'm trying to make it be simple. it really is. But if you looked at it, it would look difficult. I'm running one in my car right now. you can build one out of parts from radio shack.
This is what you'll need.
Attachment 161

Ok, you've got me off my butt now. I'm going to post that tonight i guess.

keep in mind that at a peak, the tib runs at 14.6V.
Old 06-12-2006, 10:39 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but my LEDs just arrived, and I was trying to install them in the rear speakers. I thought I would be able to run the LEDs to the speaker wires going to my rear stock speakers, but they didn't work. I don't have a remote wire on an amp or anything else, just stock, so I'm a bit more limited. I only wanted them to come on when the radio was on, but I can't seem to get it to do that... Can some one help me out please?
Thanks!
SE
Old 06-14-2006, 10:16 PM
DTN

You need to build a voltage regulator circuit from my DIY on dancing LEDs to run on speakers.... you know, the one i sat up all night writing in south dakota because you were interested in it..

it would be possible for u to run from the remote wire on the back of the deck, just remember to use proper resistance values. they will not flash though.