Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Sound Deadener Installed With Pics

Old 06-23-2005, 11:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other day I was able to get my sound deadener installed. I got the B-Quiet Extreme off of ebay. It took me 2 days to do it. Just time consuming really.

Before:

After:

Old 06-23-2005, 11:23 PM

Vehicle: 1991 Olds Cutlass

any prices? details? etc man, kinda boring seeing just pics and not knowing any of the differences that the deadener made. smile.gif
Old 06-23-2005, 11:48 PM

I bought 50 sq ft. for $80, that's including shipping. Also came with a wooden roller. I didn't realize it would be very thin material, but it does the job.

I do notice a slight increase in the sound level from the subs. But I still get a little rattling coming from the back. Not as much as before. What I suspect is the bar that connects the key hole to the trunk latch.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:23 AM

Very nice, you really covered every possible inch. Makes me want to do the same to my install, which was not quite as thorough in the trunk, since I wanted to make sure I had enough for the rest of the car.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:37 AM

Very nice. Exactly what I am looking at doing.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:43 AM

did it reduce ground noise from the road? and you said it was pretty thin material, does anyone know how well dynomat works compared to this?
Old 06-24-2005, 08:12 AM

QUOTE (firebug21 @ Jun 24 2005, 12:48 AM)
...But I still get a little rattling coming from the back. Not as much as before. What I suspect is the bar that connects the key hole to the trunk latch...

That little piece of Shh...t is guilty! I am not a big fan of audio setups (I mean with subs and amplifiers; besides I don't have the money for that smile.gif ) but I have a rattling noise from the back also, I striped the back the same way you did, and the only piece to guilt there is that one. A dealer mechanic told me the latch itself makes a little noise, but I am trying to figure out how to get rid of it. If only I could get it out, maybe wrapping it with a vacuum hose could make it vibrate less... I don't know. But please, if you do find a solution (and by the pics it seems you are pretty decide to do it) , post a DIY on it
Old 06-24-2005, 10:06 AM

^^^It looks like that bar that is in question it loose. Either by covering that bar with a hose or something or even trying to tighten the clamp that holds the bar to the key lock might work. I wish I would have took some closer pictures of it. If I get the chance next week I may try to have a go at it. I'm in the middle of another project right now wink1.gif

QUOTE (fonseca @ Jun 23 2005, 10:23 PM)
Very nice, you really covered every possible inch. Makes me want to do the same to my install, which was not quite as thorough in the trunk, since I wanted to make sure I had enough for the rest of the car.

For the trunk 50sq ft. is plenty. I still have a lot left, not sure how much though. Probably enough to start in the back seat and probably up the sides. I figure the 100sq ft. roll should be able to do a whole car or come pretty close.

QUOTE (homey14h @ Jun 24 2005, 05:43 AM)
did it reduce ground noise from the road? and you said it was pretty thin material, does anyone know how well dynomat works compared to this?

I can't really tell about the ground noise being reduced in my trunk. If I were to do the whole car I could probably tell a difference. Here is a link the the web site:
B-Quite
This link shows the comparison for their different types of material compared to Dynamat Xtreme. Its pretty close and weights less.

Here is the ebay store that I bought it from if anyone is interested:
Ebay Link
Old 06-24-2005, 12:51 PM

awesome! fing02.gif