Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

shifter & e-brake

Old 04-11-2003, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shifter & e-brake

anyone removed and replaced these with aftermarket pieces? Is it pretty easy? Haven't had a stick before.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:46 AM

I, along with a few others here, replaced my shift knob with a Juntos aftermarket knob. You can see it here.

The other object you see is not my e-brake. It's one of the remotes for my Sony deck.

The knob was easy, screwed right on to the factory threads. As far as e-brake, I haven't done it myself but I hear you just twist and pull like an SOB to get the old one off. Install is a breeze.

[ April 11, 2003, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: AllBlackTibby ]
Old 04-11-2003, 04:09 PM

Basically what AllBlackTibby said smile.gif
I too have a Juntos knob, and have replaced ebrake handle with an OBX one.
Pic here
And yeah with the OEM ebrake, twist while you pull like a SOB!!! I find a pair of (rubber)gloves will give ya more grip to help pull it off.
Once you get you new Ebrake handle, you have to dremel the inside top of the handle (where the button comes through) cuz the metal part of our ebrakes are not straight, but rather cut at an angle, so you need to file some of the new one off, or you might get lucky and find one with a bigger inside hole.

With the shift boot and ebrake boot, there are some screws that hold them on. The shift boot is easy to take off, just take the shift plate off and you'll see how it's setup.
With the ebrake boot, you'll have to take the center console apart, not that hard, but just takes a little longer with the screws

Old 04-12-2003, 04:26 AM

KayJai,

What is that thing in your cigarette lighter? It kinda looks like a air freshener?? dunno
Old 04-12-2003, 07:09 AM

AllBlackTibby:
What is that thing in your cigarette lighter? It kinda looks like a air freshener?? dunno
i was just looking at that too... glad to see i'm not the only one noticing the little things.
Old 04-12-2003, 04:59 PM

You put your weeeeed in it! Hehehe Just kidding tongue.gif wink

Yup it's an air freshener!!!
Works great!
It's from "The Body Shop" and you can change the scents that you want, buy changing that white paper pad, and dripping the certain scent that you want. It's kewl cuz it heats up the scent and it's like aroma therapy! Just go to "The Body shop" I'm sure you guys in the states have those and grab one, think they were like $15 or something like that, each little bottle of the certain cents (15ml) were like $8 or something like that.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:52 AM

Dude,

I was just getting ready to ask yout that cause I saw some **** around here with that same logo on it. When my wife told me it was from The Body Shop It made me second guess what I saw in your car. I never would have guessed in a million years you are gay

poke fyou_hap
Old 04-13-2003, 01:10 AM

I see,... and that's why the ladies like it!
f_you_ma lol evil_gri