Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

roll cage-monkey bars

Old 09-19-2001, 05:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tell me you would want to get in an accident in some of these cars

[EDIT to fix Image]

[ September 19, 2001: Message edited by: Random ]
Old 09-19-2001, 06:21 AM

That is true. Those are just for show, and offer no structural integrity. Anything of that nature that advertises "no cutting involved!" as an advantage for the product is obviously NOT doing anything good for you in the event of an accident or rollover.

HOWEVER, actual structural roll cages that DO affix to the frame a) are not going to look like those vision-limiting monstrosities, and cool.gif WILL protect you in an accident. When Viper says that these are dangerous in an accident, he is referring only to these styles of "just for show" bars, not an actual safety roll cage. There is a substantial difference between the two products...like the difference between a blow-off-valve speaker hidden in your engine bay, and a full-fledged 15psi turbo hidden in your engine bay. wink.gif
Old 09-20-2001, 01:05 PM

oh yea i would love to have a real roll cage in my car for safety reasons, but these were poorly designed for show cages, i mean look at how the bars are in teh perfect spots to crack you on teh head/knees in an accident, i mean i know they are just for show but i would not even drive around the corener with those the risk is 2 great, its like running wiht scissors down 100 flights of stairs while being chased by a rabbid dog and a bear on a unicycle while wearing greasy shoes, its just not smart
Old 09-20-2001, 01:14 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai tiburon

I totally understand what you mean. I'm not really a crazy driver and i don't want anything like whats in those pictures. I know we all dispise them but the ones for a civic that stay in the back seat along the roof and the sides are kinda neat looking for of course a show only usage. I'm glad you guys give me your opinions that is why i joined Teamsr so that i can get some info. In Montana its just me and two other guys that have cars that are becoming fixed up so we don't know much about do's and don'ts

Thanks
Old 09-21-2001, 03:22 AM

There was an accident at a major intersection near my office the other day. One of the cars had a roll cage that was just for show. That roll cage probaby cost the guy his legs. It got knocked to the side, and crushed his lower legs against the center console.

So woudl I want something like that in my car? Definitely not! My car is pretty solid already, but if I add a roll cage, it will be to make it even more safe, and not just to look cool.
Old 09-21-2001, 05:30 AM

Yeah Dan... ditto. I am SO not interested in that. I too am a very capable and safe driver, yet I cannot always depend on my skills unless I am the only person on the road. You have to remember that even excellent drivers get hurt and killed by others out there who aren't so attentive. Happens all the time. There is always one car that causes an accident, but not all accidents involve only one car. tongue.gif