Hyundai Aftermarket

Hyundai Aftermarket (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/)
-   Interior, Sound, Security (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/interior-sound-security-14/)
-   -   roll cage-monkey bars (https://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/forum/interior-sound-security-14/roll-cage-monkey-bars-6431/)

redturbulance 09-14-2001 05:02 AM

roll cage-monkey bars

Does anyone know if there are any companys that make roll cages for the tiburons.

Thanks

yamaneko 09-14-2001 05:52 AM

We can have them made, but they would be more for looks than actual useability. It would be the same as the monkey bars made for other cars.

redturbulance 09-14-2001 05:54 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>We can have them made </div> Sweet how much!

yamaneko 09-14-2001 06:00 AM

Just under 500 a set if i am not mistaken. The only catch is we have to sell a few before we can get them made

Iago 09-14-2001 12:05 PM

Any time frame or availability for functional ones?

Random 09-15-2001 04:03 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Originally posted by Iago:
Any time frame or availability for functional ones?</div>

Contact your local race shop and have them made....

Viper966 09-15-2001 05:25 AM

Trust me you do not want to be driving around anywhere with Monkley bars if u get in an accident they will severly injur you, go to their site and see how they designed them, they are a death trap, and stricly for show only

Stinger 09-15-2001 09:50 AM

if you were to put a roll cage in, w/o the monkey bars, it would work best if it was positioned perfectly behind the seat so that we could attach seatbelt harnesses when we buy aftermarket seats...

SupraGuy 09-15-2001 05:27 PM

Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead (no pun intended) in a car with a "just for show" roll cage. If I'm at a level where I need a roll cage, then I'll have one. It will be a full safety cage, and will provide all the structure needed to make sure that I LIVE if I need it.

I'm also a big fan of 5 point harnesses, and had 5-points both driver and front passenger in my old Chev (In addition to the factory lap/shoulder belts -- The 5-point wasn't very popular with the women, and I was single at the time. :D Some concessions were made to comfort. But if I was driving hard AT ALL, I insisted on the 5-points. Just meant that a vast majority of my dates never got to see what the car could really do. Oh well... :D

I'd say that especially if you have to get stuff custom-fabricated, go with an actual functional roll cage, or don't bother.

A just-for-show roll cage is definitely pure Uncle Ben's. It's also a serious sacrifice of safety.

redturbulance 09-17-2001 05:29 AM

i'm not quite understanding why you say that a roll cage is dangerous but whatever- You should make yourself clear so i can actually understand where your coming from. What is the website for Monkey Bars so that i can do some more research for myself

Thanks

Not trying to sound like an as* but i wish i could get a straight forward answer from people that actually own and have the same car as i do. I live in Montana so there isn't a big import scene up here.