Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

racing seats

Old 03-08-2005, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon
Default racing seats

i was wondering what you guys thought was a good racing seat brand, for a good price. i want something black and simple. non of the ricer shit.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:54 PM

Can't go wrong with a sparco, momo, omp, corbeau wink1.gif The question is bucket (racing) or reclining(tuner seat). If you say you don't want that ricey stuff, get a bucket seat. Not very practical for movies but the support is very nice in agressive driving. A support that no reclining seat can offer.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:55 PM

Ya i will def be going with a bucket. but is sparco the only good seats, i was looking at them earlier, but their so damn costly... 02.gif
Old 03-08-2005, 08:59 PM

a seat is not an item you want to go cheap on. A cheap seat will have poor cusionning, poor stiff quality, poor fabric quality. I have a sparco ultra and used to have a sprint. The sprint or speed are not too expensive and they are confortable. You can also look for racespex seats, they are nice and cheap. You will be sitting in that seat all the time. A very nice seat is expensive but it is transferable from car to car and if you take care of it, it will last a very long time.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:01 PM

hmmm all very good points, maybe the sparcos are worth it after all... smile.gif. i mean the passenger side doesnt need one for while anyways smile.gif. anyways if u guys see a good model at a decent price let me know. ie: about 300 each or cheaper
Old 03-08-2005, 10:13 PM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL

Model??

As for the seat, I agree with the sparco, corbeau, etc. Look for one that has a patch or a different material placed on the sides. Only reason being you'll be forking out some good money and you'll rub that corner EVERY time you get in and out. Just a thought to keep your seat looking good as new.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:30 AM

Will you be changing your seat belts up for harness??? I would get racing seats but they would have to have harness, and they are illegal where i am from, so that counts the seats out...
Old 03-09-2005, 06:52 AM

I like my stock seats, too much hassle in changing to something else though, so what exactly is that tuner seat? hows that diferant? I like those racing harneses like 5 point seat belts but it probably takes too much time to put it on each time so id just say f it and stop at that.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:05 AM

Kit:

QUOTE (LarryMcFly)
bucket (racing) or reclining(tuner seat).

A 'tuner' seat is adjustable as in it reclines and slides. A bucket is usually stationary.

I really like the Tenzo R seats. They are reclining steats though. They have really good support and they don't look ricey at all.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:44 AM

A bucket is not necessarily stotionary, as it has nothing to do with the seat. It depends on if you use sliders or not on your tracks. Reclinig seats offer good support over stock, and bucket offers better support than reclining. The major difference is at the hips. A reclining seat cannot offer has much surface because it needs room to fold forward. The way a bucket is made also makes the seat more like a box. A reclinig would be ___/ and a bucket |_____|.