Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Racing seat brackets for 97 tibby

Old 12-09-2004, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NW/West Coast Members

Please help me.

I want to install racing seats into a 97 Tib. I know Corbeau makes brackets for the tib, but I don't feel like spending that much money on Corbeau seats.

Where can I find general brackets that would be compatible with most aftermarket seats for the 97 Tib?? Are the sparco/corbeau brackets compatible with other seat manufactueres?

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

-Randy
Old 12-09-2004, 09:35 AM
http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.org/images/vendor1.png

Default Re: Unofficial RDTib Females Thread *pics*

Oh those are available right down the street at your local NO WHERE

LOL, you gotta make em bud. You wont, WILL NOT find anything other than what you've mentioned already.

I used 2x1 inch tube steel. basically it looks like [__] so you can mount the bottom part of the brackets to where the stock ones go, and the seats to the top part of the brackets. If you just use steel strap you mill most likely not be able to do it, and if you do, you may not be able to set it up with sliders so you can have the adjustabily you might be looking for.

My Tenzo R rally seats are so wide they barely fit the car, and there was no way other than this to get them to work. I spent about 18 to 20 hours in the mid California Summer to machine my brackets perfectly. But it was worth it man. My seats change the whole look of the interior, and hold my ass around 40-50mph 90º turns. I recommend seats and coilovers to anyone who like roller coasters, lol.

look at the second pic, you can kind of see the black brackets I made,

Old 12-09-2004, 10:36 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default WINDSHIELD SHATTERED!! what to do???

If you purchase a pair of seats with sliders do they not come with all the components??
Old 12-09-2004, 10:50 AM

Default Re: North East Meet DECEMBER 19TH

QUOTE (silvertibbs)
If you purchase a pair of seats with sliders do they not come with all the components??

Not sure what you mean? If you buy the Corbeau seats and then buy the sliders they fit in the stock holes I believe.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:54 AM

Vehicle: 2004 Acura TL
Default Re: My New SAFCII Mount (56k LOL!!!!)

Yeah, that's what I mean. It should come with the hardware for you to set them up. I dunno I'm totally unaware, I always thought they were almost direct replacements.
Old 12-10-2004, 06:33 AM

Default Re: FS: A few things (Lights, spoiler, antenna)

Nice interior, Blacktibs...

I would seriously consider going with Corbeu and their brackets... there is a LOT riding on them.. your life for the main one. In an accident, it is ONLY the brackets that are holding your arse and seat in the car.. and I do not know if you noticed there.. the latch mechanism of the seatbelts is attached to the seat.

Unless, like BlackTibs.. you are good at Machining what you need...
Old 12-10-2004, 07:36 AM

Default Re: the official RD REDZ ROAST!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the information guys, appreciate it.

Anyhow, you were right, the local import guys here told me pretty much the same thing too. Looks like its time to get down to the nitty gritty to get some seats in my tibby...

-Randy

BTW, nice pics... I guess those Tenzo R's do the job, but are they comfortable as well? They look nice.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:43 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul
Default Re: Racing seat brackets for 97 tibby

Like 3 companies make brackets for the tib, but most of them are high end seats and will cost a bit.

BOMZ is making some VERY good looking seats out of memory foam now, but the brackets are universal.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: RD Product List 2004

Yea i've been looking at some seats also. alittle expenisve for me right now but when i do eventually come up w/ the money i'll most likely be going with one of these two seats.

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/941.html

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/20901.html
Old 12-10-2004, 10:29 AM

Default Re: Holy Shit, LOL, 1st Gen Tiburon XXX

To be honest, it is not that hard to make brackets for racing seats for our cars. I made a set for my seats last spring. It took me an afternoon to design and make them. By making them myself I could place the seat where I wanted, and at the height I wanted too.
If you don't think you can do it, or don't have the tools, you can have any speed shop make custom brackts for you. Or order a set from the companies listed in an earlier post.