Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

R-side Short Shifter - Clunky?

Old 08-11-2005, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

Just installed my R-Side Short Shifter, and notice that it's a bit clunky going into 2nd and 4th - maybe a little clunky in all - has anyone else noticed this? Would over-tightening the spring-recoil bolt cause this?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:49 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

There's been tons of posts on that shifter, might want to search and read some of them.

I'd also TRIPLE check and make sure you installed everything right.

All the spacers, everything.
Old 08-12-2005, 12:23 AM

Vehicle: Elantra HD / 2007

Disconnect the cable and check if shifter moves smoothly and easily.

As it's short throw shifter - it would be a bit harder to put in gears, but in a week you will not notice it.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:31 AM

@Dmitry - heh, funnily enough, driving it this morning, it seems fine now... Guess it was just getting used to it.

@Redzman: Hey, I followed your DIY - of course I did it right! I also took lots of photos for comparitive purposes, and made sure I laid all the parts out in the order I removed them.

I was actually surprised how quick it was to do - the only thing that took a long time was looking for the cotter pin that pinged off because I didn't use needle nose pliers (as stated in Redz's DIY). Fortunately, I got some this morning smile.gif