Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Help Me Please

Old 08-14-2005, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok so I went to change cds tonight in my car and stuck one in that always works even though its a burned cd. anyways my deck said load but nothing happened, I tried getting the cd out by hitting the eject button but that didn't work either. So I was like screw it so I tried to go to the radio and it didn't work. All it said was "load" the whole time.

so I finally got home turned my car off then back on, same story except now the radio worked. But instead of it saying load when I changed it to play the cd it just said error.

I cant get the cd out or get it to play. I tried popping the face plate off and the cd is all the way in. I even tried pushing it farther in with another cd and then trying to pry it out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this cd out of my car? I'm gonna take it to circuit city tomorrow and see what they say if I cant get it out.

Also, I was thinking about when I put the cd in...It was dark and I might have put it in upside down on accident cause I wasn't really paying attention. I dunno if this makes a difference, usually it will just reject it but maybe that's why it never loaded.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:19 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

this used to happen to me on the blue tib once in awhile..
basically you have to try and pry the cd out with something long and skinny, but don't stick it too far in there you don't wanna f anything up.
you hear the motor spin and the cd just won't come out right?
usually i just turned the power off on the damn thing and tried to hit eject with the power off, then tried to help it out if it needed.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:27 PM

Yeah I can hear it trying to load or spinning. I figured I'd have to pry it out, I was hoping there'd be some button or combination of buttons that like automatically ejects the cd no matter what.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:30 PM

It happens when you shove the CD in while it's either trying to spit one out or before it's ready to let one in, because it has that stupid motor which feeds in/out.
Just gotta watch it, basically if you get a CD in there it's gonna get scratched up trying to get it out.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:43 PM

ok I got it out. My dad said there might be a manual eject button so I looked and all there was was a little red button which I pushed with a paper clip, nothing happened. so I tried to pry the cd with a paper clip. Then I turned the car back on and hit the eject button and it popped right out. But since I hit that red button all my presets for the radio are gone so I think it was a reset button.

I dunno if hitting the reset button or my prying at the cd worked, but i'm happy its out...and best of all not scratched, it stillworks fine.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

most CD players have a manual eject button. Even most PC cd-roms have a button or something you can push with a paper clip. I've found it very helpful, I always seem to leave a CD in the player when I remove it from a car.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:31 PM

Vehicle: N/A as in Not Applicable, not Naturally Aspirated

I alwasy wondered why my Cd player doesn't have a manual eject button. They should, I looked al through the manual. Three CD players I've owned, all didn't have them.

That little red button is the reset button I believe. You press it before you turn it on for the first time.

glad you got it out.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:39 PM

yes, PC CD-Roms do have them, but from most of the car decks I've seen it's rare.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:44 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

there should be a small hole where you can stick a long straight out paper clip to mannual pop out the cd...
Old 08-15-2005, 03:14 AM

Vehicle: 1997 Hyundai Fx Coupe

Next time just try keeping your finger on the eject button for a good few seconds... That will force it to eject.