Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Question about interior of my stock '01 tib

Old 05-31-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon
Default Question about interior of my stock '01 tib

When I was taking apart my tib last weekend to do some interior mods I noticed for the first time that the panelling, switch cosmetic plates on the passenger and driver side doors did not match! (in color and texture). The driver side had a gunmetal grey scheme whereas the passenger side was black... Additionally, the black plastic panel on the passenger side had a vinyl texture/look to it whereas the gunmetal grey panel on the driver side was just smooth plastic.

Was this normal for these tibs? It seems a bit odd to me. I bought the car when it was new, so its not like it was thru any accidents...
Old 05-31-2006, 06:25 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tiburon

yes its normal
Old 06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Yeah...all RD1's and RD2's come like that. smile.gif
Old 06-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

that's normal... I think it was done to make the driver's side have more of a cockpit-like look to it, with everything surrounding it the same (door panel, dash, all the way down to the center console). The passenger's side is slightly different, and most won't notice it until it's mentioned