Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Pop Off Back Panels

Old 11-01-2007, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i want to stick on dampers on my back panels so it won't vibrate so much. any one know how to pop them off so i can stick them on??
Old 11-01-2007, 09:48 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Be more speciffic. Which panels?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:00 AM

sorry, i want to remove the panels that surround the rear speakers if that can even be done. i want to just stick on dampeners on the inside of the panel and the inside of the car
Old 11-01-2007, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tiburon

Tibby01 could elaborate more I'm sure but... Take out the back seat, remove the rear speaker grills and take off the black plastic pieces in the back that covers the strut towers and you should see all the screws needed to remove that panel and from there it's just a little prying. I think the upper seatbelt loop needs to come off too if I remember right.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:00 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had them off before. It's some screws and some pops that have to come off. You have to take out the back seats. From there it's easy. I don't remember If I took off the seat belts. It wasn't hard. It took about an hour or so.

I was installing a high level-> low level converter. I didn't realize you could just pass the wire through to the trunk easier then taking off the panels.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:43 PM

alright, i haven't taken out the back seats before, but from what you say i should be able to get them out fairly easy. thanx guys
Old 11-01-2007, 04:51 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

It's not too hard, just looks for bolts or screws in the area holding the panel on and remove them until it comes off. I just took mine off last night. I'm doing a DIY on how to remove it all and put down sound deadening, but it might be a few weeks before I post it...
Old 11-01-2007, 08:35 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

that's the only thing i didn't take off on mine for now, but you have to take off the seatbelt covers by unclipping them. they should just pop right off without a scratch if you do it with a flathead screwdriver or razor. next, the rear seats need to come out. to get the speaker panels out you need to get the top roof piece off, then the two above the rear windows, then the speaker panels.

it should just unclip but i didn't try because i was unsure how the speakers are mounted on and didn't want to rip any wires.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:41 PM

theres 2 screws behind the speaker grill. then one under where the seats would have been. then a 14mm bolt under the cap at the top where the seat belt loop thing is. then all clips i believe. oh, and i think theres some type of hook under the things where the hatch cover slides.

OK, thats about the best I can do off the top of my head. Ive had the car torn apart to bare metal and those pieces out quite a few times. its not to bad. you should just need a screwdriver, 14mm socket and a 12mm socket for the seats i think.

speaker wiring goes behind them and behind the metal so no worries about that
Old 11-02-2007, 03:40 PM

nice, thanx again guys