Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Not Having A Rear-View Mirror Stinks/Is Cool

Old 11-15-2011, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra
Default Not Having A Rear-View Mirror Stinks/Is Cool

This morning I was getting situated as I sat in the hot rod and my head barely bumped the rear view mirror on the windshield. The mirror fell off. I left it on the seat and went to work.

The nice thing about the mirror: you can see behind you without turning around.

The bad part: it puts you in a box!

Today as I was driving I was REALLY liking the added forward visibility on the right side. I'm tall and the mirror blocks my view a little when it's in place on the window. No mirror = I can frikken SEE over there! Then I looked left and there's this huge A pillar in the way. It reminded me I was in a box, and I wanted to be riding a motorcycle.

Oh well. Pretty quick here I'll get some glue and put myself back in the driver's box.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Haha, these cars seem to take umbrage to anyone taller than 5'11 or so (I'm 5'9-3/4", so no issues here).

I think the main visibility issue is that even newer civics sit higher than we do...

Can't tell you the number of times in the past month I've felt the guy behind me was going to use me as a speed bump...
Old 11-15-2011, 11:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: X3 Sprint, S-Coupe Turbo

I still love the T tops on the 80s camaros and trans ams. There was a RHD one in a dealership down here, and it is sick sitting in a glasshouse that you can actually see out of.