Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

nexus 7 tablet install in my 05 tiburon

Old 07-01-2013, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2005 Hyundai Tiburon GT
Default nexus 7 tablet install in my 05 tiburon

So I decided to install my nexus 7 in the tib. One day it just hit me and I Google the install and got some write up from newtib. After doing some research I noticed I haven't seen any done in GKs with digitals a/c controls only with manual controls. It wasn't simple and it took a lot of cutting with the dremel but nothing is noticeable from the front. The radio relocation was done the same as other GK installs. The tablet doesn't fit flush against the bezel its at an angle but not noticeable and I actually like it at that angle. The clock doesn't fit very easy in might be able tood it to but I don't really car for it so I probably won't. After as much cutting to the dash that was done to the dash I don't think I could go back from this, don't plan on it, so far its the best mod I have done.

The power and apps are set up the same as other installs. Majiks DIY for the nexus 7 install in the gen coupe is the only one I found that had a good instructions on setting up tasker that app takes some getting used to. I gave up on trying to transfer my music from my phone with apps I downloaded so ill just download new music. I used navfree, apex launcher, and misc apps for music and widgets. I have an obd2 Bluetooth on the way so ill get the torque pro app when it gets here.

Old 07-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I transferred music from my phone to the tablet using Bluetooth. You'll probably need a file explorer app as well.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:17 PM

I used a WiFi and Bluetooth transfer app. the tablet wouldn't open what was transfered using the WiFi app and Bluetooth app would transfer some song one would fail and stop the whole process. It was getting annoying time for new music anyways
Old 07-01-2013, 09:43 PM

Some night shots. I have tasker set to dim the tablet after dark.

I put the little light from the cigarette lighter under the radio it makes a under glow I think its cool lol. Hope you can see it on the pic.