Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

NEXUS 7 Install. DTN, HELP!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: Hyundai x3

look into an external DAC.. The noise you are hearing is the noise floor of the tablet.. unfortunatly with headphones it's fine... but when you amplify it?? Bam.. we quite often have simmilar problems with factory headunits when adding amplifiers.. there isn't too much you can dou but i know the Ipad croud were using a roland offboard dac via the camera adaptor??

http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/...page__hl__ipad
Old 12-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I bought a Pyle ground loop isolator and it fixed it completely - ordered it for $9.xx from Wal-Mart. I get zero alt whine now, worked beautifully, and I lost what seems like zero loudness.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

Big Willy- I read through the thread. Thanks by the way for the input and suggestion. They are running the audio via the usb out. So, they are running it digitally to the cakewalk, it gets converted to analog, and bam, great sound! Not surprising. That would be a great solution except.....I am utilizing the USB as a dedicated charging/data connection. Well, technically not at the moment. This could be something though... I definitely need to look into it more and see what my options are going this route. Ideally I wanted to run audio out the headphone port and do charging and data off the usb. Things change though!

Majik- Its not a ground loop. Thats confirmed. Tried multiple scenarios, including using a ground loop isolator. Infact, I had an extra set and tried using two sets! LOL!! Willy is right. Its coming directly from the tablet. I think he may be on to something with the DAC. Never thought of that and the more I do the more I like! But....Its one more thing to buy and deal with.

This BIGGEST thing I'd like to get solved is getting the tablet to boot up when the usb see's power. Apparently there are a few persons working on this. Hopefully they get it figured out by spring! The car is basically garaged now until spring.

Sorry for the lack of pics or a video yet. Been crazy busy with work. Let me see if I can get something up this weekend in that department.....