Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

New seat ideals

Old 02-05-2009, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2002 Accent 2.0L
Default New seat ideals

I want to put new seat in my accent.. I plan to remove my bracket and weld it on to the new seats.

I just need some seats, any ideals?
Thanks
Old 02-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

That was my plan until I pulled the seat out of the Accent and looked at doing it. I think converting any part of the Accent seats to fit on aftermarket seats would be tougher than building new brackets from scratch. If you've got a plan great, I had to weld my seat because I broke part of the frame and I didn't see any way to get it done with a reasonable amount of effort.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 02 accent

I had a seat sitting in my car for over a year that wasn't bolted down. It was "fun" for my passengers. wink.gif

Bottom line is: you'll have to fabricate brackets to fit ANY aftermarket seats in the Accent.

Because the mounting points are not equidistant, and are not all on the same plane (not the same height,) you'd hafta make new mounts to match up the mounting heights/distances of the new seats.