Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

New Nav Just Arrived

Old 04-07-2007, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So i just picked up my AVIC-D3, navigation, dvd, ipod, bluetooth, and all(best easter gift iv ever gotten). And i opened the box and started reading the installation manual and it all seems easy enough but one thing that boggles my mind. The navigation unit has to be connected to a wire under the hood, or behind the glove box (I dont know where it is yet) its a wire that will tell the navigation unit if i am accelerating and at what speed. So that when it displayes where i am it is more accurate. Now, my question is, WHERE IS THIS WIRE. it dosnt have a name i dont think, but ill be checking my chiltons manual,(which i dont think has it) and i dont know where to look. Has anyone expierienced this or possibly know where i could find a wire that would supply the nav with that information???

Any help would be appreciated, and when i install it ill try to make a DIY for the unit and ill have plenty of pics

Thanks in advance
Old 04-14-2007, 12:09 AM

You can tap your RPM and Speedo wire behind the guage cluster, by T-tapping the cables the cluster plugs into or you can locate the screw on the back of the cluster, and tap and insulate a wire off that.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:04 PM

Vehicle: Hyundai Tiburon FX

have you found the wire yet? there's a reason i'm asking heheheh.

do you have any pics of where to tap into? i'll be having a friend help me out. we're not going to install it until after the summer when we take the whole dash apart and everything is ready to be thrown in so i won't be of much help.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:54 AM

that wire is not only for the purpose of where you are, but it is also so the DVD mode is disabled if you are moving. Just some info.