Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Need Some Advice Woth Speaker Set Up.

Old 11-15-2005, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys, This isnt for my hyundai (coz i dnt have it anymore), its for my 90 pulsar.
I put a cd player in 2 days ago along with 4 speakers, 2 6inch for the front and 2 6x9's.
I put the two 6 inches in the door after some modifications to the stock 4inch hole no problems. But i do have a problem with the 6x9's...
They were originally in separate boxes (specifically made for 6x9's). I could not put them in the plastic part of the back shelf coz the plastic is too small, so i have thrown them in the boot (trunk) still in the boxes. I know that 6x9's are not ment to be in the boot, but i didnt want to go cutting 2 holes in my boot cover (u noe that thing that is made of plastic/wood and goes up and down when u open the trunk so that u cant see anythin that is in the boot when it is closed.) and have a stuffed up rattling sound louder than the music. + it is a target for theives and easily accessible. So my question is will there be a big rattle, and will putting the speakers on the shelf give a better result? My shelf is pretty thin wood, so would it act as a good baffle?
Help is greatly appreciated, if u dnt understand anything plz reply nd il try to make sense out of it... Thanx people....
Old 11-15-2005, 08:09 PM

you can put it on the shelf part. it should be fine.

you can also modify the shelf part and still use the box. just cut a hole in the shelf part the size of the hole in the box and screw the speaker down to the box through the shelf.

there shouldnt be any rattle as long as they are screwed down tight. there might be a little though at the ends of the shelf where it sits in the plastic.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:13 PM

Thanx for that. But im worried that putting the speakers on the shelf might get stolen, so would there be a significant quality difference if i just leave em in the boot?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:25 PM

well if they're in the trunk you cant hear them that well. even if you take the cover/shelf off, you still wont beable to hear them that well

i guess you can leave them in the trunk..you could just not use them cool.gif
Old 11-15-2005, 08:27 PM

lol, well if u put it like that, then i guess i gotta do it. Thanx for that.