Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Need help on selecting an audio setup

Old 11-14-2001, 02:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2008 Accent
Default Need help on selecting an audio setup

After I get new rims/tires I'm planning on doing something with replacement 6x9s and a single sub, put into the spare tire well.

Any suggestions?

I was looking at replacement Infinity Kappa 6x9s, and an Infinity Perfect 12 for the sub.

One thing I was wanting to know, is there enough room to put the 12" into the tire well, then over the top put a plexiglass window over the top, kinda like a Bandpass box. This way not only would it look pretty good, but I'd retain all other trunk space.

I guess my main questions are, are these good selections?
What sort of amp should I do (Looking at either sticking with Infinity, Kenwood, or Alpine)
And anything else anyone can think of.

Current setup is just a Kenwood Z919 head unit, and the stock 6x9s.

Oh and I'm looking for more clarity than anything.

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Julez ]
Old 11-14-2001, 03:07 AM

Infinity are excellent for interior component speakers. You will definatly get the clarity you are trying to achieve. As far as subs and amp, I'm not to sure about the wheel well in the trunk. If you have the money to invest go PHOENIX GOLD. Clarity + punch + power. It's a little more price wise but you get what you pay for. 1 XMAX 12" sub will give you a nice sound and go great with the Infinitys. The amps are tough and strong, they will last a long time. I have a Kenwood Excelon deck, a 15" XMAX sub and Phoenix amp in my Tib and I am always smiling when the music is on. I have it tuned to sound like I am at a concert. It's clear and strong. I also can tune it to compete. I won my power class at the local Bass Off this summer. Good luck, but my advice is Phoenix Gold all the way!!!!
Old 11-14-2001, 09:10 AM

Kenwood, Kenwood, Kenwood Kenwood, Kenwood, Kenwood Kenwood, Kenwood, Kenwood Kenwood, Kenwood, Kenwood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But Im not real partial