Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Pioneer 10'' Subs

Old 11-12-2001, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pioneer 10'' Subs

One of my friends gave me a call yesterday asking me if I wanted to buy a set of brand new Pioneer 10'' subs off of him. He has a custom box for them and everything. My ? is is Pioneer subs any good and what is the max price I should offer him???
Old 11-12-2001, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Genesis 2.0T

Do you know what series Pioneer subs they are? If you can find out..that would give us a better idea of what they're worth, power ratings, etc....
Old 11-12-2001, 11:57 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

ya cant go wrong with pioneer...at least the newer pioneer... wink.gif
Old 11-13-2001, 01:04 AM

Well, I have a pair of the pioneer 10" nickel plated subs in my car. They're pretty good. Nice small enclosure size, they sound accurate, and provide a good back massage with a fairly modest amplifier.

Some of the Pioneer stuff isn't real high end, though. You do have to be somewhat choosy as to which subs they are.
Old 11-13-2001, 03:46 PM

Pioneer subs are pretty decent but only if your inhancing your sound even their top of the oline is not competion made. The quality is good and are a good sub but they are not designed to be in sound offs and please I am not trying to offend anyone who has them by this post I am just giving you my knowledge on the subs.
Old 11-13-2001, 04:10 PM

I am not going to be going to any sound offs. I just want something that sounds good in my car. And I know Pioneer is a good brand...I just did not know anything about their subs. I dont have factory speakers in my car...I have two Alpine speakers in the front and two Pioneer in the back. Those alone sound good with some bass already to them. Everybody tells me my car sounds good for only having speakers. Only want to improve on them and add some more bass. I dont need to have houses three blockes from me shaking or anything.
Old 11-14-2001, 02:32 AM

I'd like to comment on Jaws99's message.

For SQ, My Pioneer subs are excellent. I find them to be very accurate, very clean, and have an excellent range. My RTA only has a slight dip at 20 Hz, (Which could be easily fixed with an eq.) The response is very linear, and overall, for my listening tastes, I think I made an excellent choice. In competition, I tend to get very good marks for SQ. I feel that I'm limited more by my budget for install.

For SPL competition, those subs are far from the best choice. They are too inefficient and require too much power to make the kind of dB levels that would win in sound-off competition. If you want to listen to constant bass/dance/rap music at elevated levels, then these are probably not the subs that you want. IMO, they'll do it, and they'll take the punishment, but without pouring more power at it, they won't be as loud.
Old 11-14-2001, 12:38 PM

So Dan are you agreeing with my conclusion or are you protesting it, I'm alittle confused by your reply. Like I said before they are a great sub the bottom of the pack or the top end pioneer sub. But, they are not designed nor do they carry the quality for a competion sound system. Yes the will give you a good DB level and are very accurate with rock music and are also a very efficent sub line but again not a DB sub.
Old 11-15-2001, 12:52 AM

I'm saying that I think they make a good SQ sub, but not a dB sub.
Old 11-15-2001, 03:54 AM

agree