Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

My Scangauge Ii

Old 02-21-2008, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! I drop here a message because i got my ScanGauge II (see here for details but maybe you already know) but it is always displaying "Connecting..." .. in the manual it seems a matter of protocal used by the ECU ( you can select between ISO, VPM, VPW etc..) i tryed to force them all without results.. even if the scangauge is set AUTO (automatic recogn.) by default..

i have tryed while running and stopped always with ignition "on" ... it seems it does not communicate with the ECU...

anyone has this little Scantool/Digital Gauge monitor ? any suggestion?

p.s. because i'm sure the car is OBD2 compliant tomorrow i will ask to the tech support. The reason i have bought this is because they finally got a new firmware where it is possible to switch Miles in Km, °F in °C, Gallons in litres ...for European users smile.gif

hail.gif please help if you can hail.gif

THANKS!!

Old 02-21-2008, 02:27 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Hyundai Sonata GL V6

I have both the ScanGauge and ScanGauge II and have never had a problem with it connecting. I suspect that your car may not be OBDII or EOBD compatible. See the excerpt from the ScanGauge site below:

"The ScanGauge requires the vehicle to be either OBDII or EOBD compatible. In the US and Canada, cars and light trucks were required to be OBDII compatible starting in 1996. In Europe, EOBD was phased in between 2002 and 2004. Other parts of the world have required one of them starting in various years.

Many vehicles made and/or sold outside the US and Canada had one of the protocols before they were required in that country. This was to allow sales to other countries and because they knew they would eventually be required to meet the requirements and designed it in when they redesigned a particular model.

There is no comprehensive list of when particular vehicles began using OBDII or EOBD outside the US and Canada."

I would verify the OBD system of your car and if it is one of the supported ones contact the manufacturer as they have a 30-day money back guarantee and a one-year warranty.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:48 PM

..well.. i have asked to the seller before buying, and he said mine was fully compatible ..
(the seller was on ebay, but it's Telematica the OFFICIAL distributor of scangauge in Europe, located in Greece)

..the OBDII plug is under the wheels on the right as everyone know (i suppose it's a OBD2 because the scangeuge automatically lightup)

do you think there could be a difference between OBD2 plugs using the same "shape" (or pins) but with different standard year by year ?

tomorrow i will try on my other cars a Toyota Yaris (2004) and Toyota Aygo (2007) .. just to see if it's a defective item or .. an incompatibility with my car ...

thank by now wink1.gif