Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Indash Dvd Player Wiring Issue

Old 02-16-2008, 08:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey i jus got this dualxd8181 and i got most of the wiring done but i cant seem to find out where theparking brake wire is?
would it just play all the time if i dont hook it up? this is the first radio i have installed and my last radio that was int the car didnt need a parking brake wire. thanks for alll the help
Old 02-16-2008, 09:33 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Please break up your posts by using the button labeled ENTER on your keyboard.

I'd also recommend you use the SEARCH button, as this has been discussed before. Oddly enough, the parking brake wire, is near the parking brake.

There are FULL wiring schematics on this site, and Hmaservice has all of the information you need also.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:12 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Pull the center console off. Its only one wire going to the handle. Then search online for the way to make it play all the time. I believe there is a code or way to trick it as far as I remember from the one I hooked up.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:46 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Only Jensen has the easter egg. For all others, you ground the e-brake wire. Jensen has an easter egg because they also have an additional safety feature where you have to release the parking brake for aproximately 2 seconds then reapply it if you start the car with the e-brake engaged.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:53 PM

lol basiclly. i got a kenwood all i did was ground the parking brake wire...works fine..BUT there is a drawback, if you get in an accident and they know you have this done ( parking brake wire on the ground instead of the proper way) then you are liable doesnt matter if you were watching it or not.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:54 PM

it should be found near the parking brake.. test for it OR

hook it up to a toggle switch and you basicaly flick the switch as if you were pulling the e-brake.