Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Audio Problem

Old 01-23-2008, 09:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so anything that could go wrong today did. While driving first me touch screen headunit went out like you would see on a tv with no reception, it said signal lost, then after a minute was fine again. Which I thought was quite weird. Then I have a 4 channel amp one side bridged to a single 10 and the other to another type of speaker on a seperate RCA. Well the other 2 channels stopped working, and while driving just now I lost all audio completely. Like it said the song was playing but no sound was coming out, just a rattle from the bass every now and again. Then after about 5 mins it would come back on. Any ideas? Only thing I could think of was the install didnt go correct and the wires in the back are loose? Or maybe something with the amount of power off the battery? Any help would be very much apprecieated.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 PM

Vehicle: 98 hyundai tiburon

did you do the install or have it done? it sounds like a bad connection either at the back of the headunit or at the amp. not sure about the head unit going blank. would need to now which headunit it is, does it have an external control box, that kind of information. but to start just check all your connections.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 AM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

i know my amps will cut off if they get too hot and all you can hear is bass. did you check that they arent just in protection mode??
Old 01-24-2008, 07:38 AM

it was installed its the jensen VM9412 all the connections to the amp are fine to protection mode at all. And it didnt go blank it reminded me of when you are flipping through the channels on a tv and you dont have an antenna and you can kinda see the picture but it is moving up and down, but fuzzy. Then it came back in clear and all that.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:35 PM

Vehicle: 2000 tiburon

hmmm i'm not sure man that is really strange
Old 01-24-2008, 02:30 PM

check the ohm rating on the amp and that of your speakers...and make sure not to bridge the amp down past its limits..
Old 02-21-2008, 05:57 PM

Check your grounds and make sure they are done properly.

Keep us updated.