Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

My hands are bloodied and bruised...

Old 02-13-2005, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

A 1/8 inch thickness layer of Rhino Lining weighs 1/8th of a pound per square foot.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:49 PM

fonseca, what are your impressions after having it installed? I'm planing on doing the same thing, but I'm not aiming at improving car audio quality (or power) or anything like that; I just want to have a nice, quiet ride, with the nice "whoosh" you get when you close a nicely sound deadened door wink1.gif

So, did you notice a big improvement on road noises and such?
Old 02-13-2005, 03:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

My car is now dead quiet at highway speeds, no more exhaust resonance at certain RPMs or road noise. I was playing my music several clicks below "normal" volume tonight, and it sounded louder and much clearer than ever, so it was worth the pain and install hours. And hours.

he says that somewhere in there.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:52 PM

QUOTE (Agarwal)
the nice "whoosh" you get when you close a nicely sound deadened door wink1.gif

I have intake, header and exhaust, and there was some resonance in the cabin around 3000 RPM, and at 55-60mph there was an annoying drone, which disappears over 60mph though. Quieting this and road noise down were my main goals, not audio, although I still would have done this for sound system improvement eventually.

I wanted the quiet ride you get in a German car. smile.gif And yes, I wanted my doors to make a deep "thunk" when I closed them, which they now do. I think sound deadening makes the driving experience a lot more relaxing when it's so silent; listening to road noise on drives lasting several hours really wears me out.

If I pull out the dash and do the firewall this Summer I'll probably do a second layer on the floor as well if I think it could help, and maybe put a single layer on the inside of some of the plastic panels. My next order of business, however, is creating a good cup holder in the center console pocket. I'm going to mold it to the shape of my Nissan thermos for a perfect fit. wink1.gif Seriously, I plan to fiberglass it, mold it and make it look like it came built in.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:22 PM

is rhino lining a spray form or what?
Old 02-14-2005, 01:36 PM

/ / / Yes, it is.

I'm not sure if it can be found in DIY form though.

You'd prob have to strip the interior, then bolt your drivers seat back on and drive to the local truck accessory shop for it to be sprayed.

OH!!!! and according to REDZ, Rhino lining can now be COLOR MATCHED!
Old 02-14-2005, 04:31 PM

it can be found in DIY form.. one of my friends makes his own roadcases for his sound gear.. he has a sprayer.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:41 PM

looks like u did a great job. i did my sparetire well, back and sides of the hatch, i noticed a huge difference in the sound of my stereo, and it got rid of alot of hatch rattle on the outside too.

i used secondskin damplifier, i have no complaints, they were late on delivery, but gave me 50% off my next purchase, w/o me even asking. cust service was A++
Old 02-14-2005, 04:52 PM

If you guys can find the rockford sound deadner in the can that is the best stuff. It's similar to rhino lineing. I used it in my car. It's got a crappy color but it super easy to use. If you guys want to go with the rhino stuff i would have to tell you to try Line-X instead. Rhino is sprayed on at room temp and takes forever to dry and it can run. Line-X is sprayed at almost 200F. The spray on bedliners are great sound deadners. But i still like the rockford stuff because you can do it yourself and it's just as good.
Old 02-14-2005, 05:41 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

But you forget.

Line X has to be put on HOT, it cures quicker, but also HARDER. Rhino lining stays a bit softer, which is better.

As for runs, I've never seen any of the linings run at all.

And for price? They quoted ABQ Elantra $100 to do his entire trunk, including his lid.

For my project, it's gonna cost about $300.