Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Motorized Flip Out Vs Double Din

Old 02-12-2006, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I'm thinking about buying a dvd player but I can't decide if I should go double din or motorized. I'm worried about the looks with the motorized one s. Has anyone had any problems with them as far are the screen hitting things?
The problem I'm having with the double din's is finding one I think would look good and have good quality. The only one I can find on ebay are off brands or PYLE (short for pyle of crap?). I'm really picky and want a silver trim and anything that lights up on it to be blue.
So for all of your guys with in dash dvd players any feedback on what you have would be much appreciated.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:25 PM

I have a the Eclipse av 3423 flip out when I first installed it was touching the ac/heat knobs so it would close automatic but after I changed the angle on the screen i didnt have a problem The only bad thing which is not a big deal is if you gotta change the ac/heat you have to close the screen.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

Motorized, double din with that big face is just demanding to be...

1. SCRATCHED.

2. VANDALIZED.

3. SPILLED ON.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:16 AM

^^^ good point... I wasn't even thinking of that with the double din... Thanks guys =)
Old 02-13-2006, 11:44 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

if youre looking for good stuff, check out the pioneer avic-N1 or N2 for single DIN or the Avic-D1 for a double din
Old 02-13-2006, 03:33 PM

I saw go Double DIN, you would almost have to try to spill something on it if you wanted to. Look for a double DIN with some type of security feature, or just simply construct your own, a simple sliding cover or something would fix the visibility and chance of vandalism. I just think the flipouts are too cheap, and easy. Everyone just slaps a flipout in and boom there we go. plus like people have said before it gets in the way of your knobs. good luck with whatever you go with though