Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Loud. And I Mean, Loud

Old 01-01-2007, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I'm not sure of what kind of DB I am hitting. I have never been one for numbers to brag with I rather just smile when I know I have done a good job.

My system is technically completely finished now (barring the gamecube which is a day's work to put in) but the amps are all in action now (all three of them) and the speakers are all final, everything is now as it will remain.

Sadly I have had to go through alot of equipment before making things final, the system has pretty much been completely replaced with what I originally had in mind because that stuff didnt cut it.

So Tom came over on saturday and we set to work finishing the doors (all the components and their covers and so on) with a mate of his who owns a sexy eclpse (yeah I said it, spank me lol).

Got all that in and done then headed off to the shop to wire up the last amp and change the way the speakers were wired.

Had some problems and I have got another damn alternator whine but thats easily fixed, need another loop isolator.

At first the tuning wasnt done so it sounded crap, but I went out the other night and tuned it up and man, my system is so loud now that it even scares me (and it takes alot of sound to do that).

I dont know why its louder now than it ever was, I can only summise that once every stage was where it should be and isolated to it's own amp that I was able to crank gains more and do a better matching.

I decided to bridge the ZX200 into the 6x9's for more clout, they were being completely buried before and theyre only there for some image from the back.

And loud it now is. Deafeningly loud.

As an example..

I usually leave for work 1-2 hours early and go to the local wawa in pitman which sits about 1min from work. I watch a movie, have dinner there and have a coffee.. I dont have a dvd player in the house that plays copied medai so I tend to use the car for all of it.

Well I watched a couple of eps from season 5 of the simpsons before putting in a bass cd.. Sat and listened to the bass cd for about 20 minutes and noticed it was sounding amazing, like really really amazing. Anyone who saw my sort of how to on the 3.5" mids? talk to me. If youre into your sound you will not believe how AMAZING those speakers sound there because of their positioning.

Sonicelectronic are doing those clifs for $30 shipped, so you have no excuses.

Anyway they truly do bring EVERY detail out of the upper range and fire it right into your ears, coupled with the 6.5 mids offering up the front end clout the system is truly truly remarkable.

So anyways, all of a sudden I see this guy come out of his back gate on his garden about 10 houses down with a really f***ing pissed off look on his face. He comes over and looks a little less angry when he notices a fully grown skinhead male sitting there drinking coffee (I think if I was in my teens it would have gotten really ugly) and says to me "dude my entire family room is vibrating and sounds like its about to fall to bits.. Me and my buddy cant even hear the game on the TV"

So I offers my apology and says Im partially deaf so dont realise sometimes how loud I am (which is true) and he says it's cool and leaves.

But then I realise something. This guy's house is about 300 feet away and the family room is in the front if it. And I have sat outside that wawa blazing bass MANY times before and never gotten a single complaint.

Then that evil smile came over my face when I realised what kind of sound I was generating...

Anyhoo, you dont need to take my word for it, because actions speak louder than words.. Wednesday night Tom and I are building his sub enclosure and testing out his new camera (video) that shoots in AVI format.. So I am going to get a SPL test video for you guys here by the end of the week lmao.gif
Old 01-01-2007, 05:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

haha, i had a similar evil realization experience two days ago, when i got my subs hooked up. i havent had bass in my car since i was 17, so i was quite happy. 500w rms to the subs, 350 to the component sets all over the car. tweets are placed in good spots too, not in the crappy stock space up front. the sub signal coming from my carPC is a pretty weak. enough power to sound really good, but it doesnt get disgustingly loud. not nearly as loud as the rest of my system does, but still enough to tickle your nose hairs. it got my buddies grandmother to come out from inside his house, over 50 ft away, and with a loud football game on. it still isnt that loud from outside though, as the entire inside of my car is deadened.

when i got everything in and rough tuned, i just sat bassin out in my car laughing the most maniacle laugh i possibly could.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:19 PM

I love bass as much as anybody, but damn, if you were my neighbor you would probably have a stack of noise complaints in your mailbox. wink1.gif Nothing pisses me off more than some teen parked in the road in the middle of the night blasting bass so loud everything in my room vibrates. Especially when I have to get up at 6am. You can't reason with them either, if you ask politely they'll just swear at you and turn it up louder. So you have to hit them where it hurts (their thin wallets).

I hope you'll be considerate and keep it low while in the neighborhood. You don't want to piss off people with easy access to keying your vehicle, after all.

Tell me more about those $30 3.5 mids. Are they installed in the stock location? Did you have to fab a trim ring? Maybe I missed those details from another thread.

I recently pulled out the stock tweeters, but I changed my mind about putting new ones in, the location is just too poor.
Old 01-01-2007, 05:22 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

http://www.rdtiburon.com/index.php?showtopic=19824&hl=

yeah, i ripped my stock tweets out and just left it empty there. fiberglassed them into the triangle panels on the door, on the other side of the side view mirror.
Old 01-01-2007, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

I nearly did myself some serious damage the other night man.

I was at work tuning the sub and leaned over it to get to the HZ adjustment switch. I was literally within earshot of the damn thing at full volume just as the damn thing peaked with a REALLY low note.

My eardrums popped and I totally lost my balance, staggered around a bit feeling really f***ing sick and disorientated.

I wouldnt have mnded but there was this really cute chick who I work with having a ciggarette and I looked like a right friggin plonker 02.gif

Fons. I have never EVER even turned my system on within 2 miles of where I live for the simple reason I dont want anyone around where the car is parked to know whats in there.

I nearly bit poor toms head off when he tried to drop the screen right outside my apartment the other day lol. lmao.gif
Old 01-17-2007, 04:46 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah ya did! Sorry about that. The system does sound REALLY good. I was really impressed in front of the heritages.