Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Interior Painting

Old 06-29-2005, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 97 Tib

okay, so i've decided that I suck with spray paint and I am probably going to have a shop paint my interior when they paint the fender and new bumper.
What I am going to do is take all the pieces off myself and separate them in groups of which colors I want what pieces to be, etc, and just ask them to spray it.
I am going with Blue Silver and Black as my 3 colors..

Question I have is should I get blue done on the dash and driver's door card? What color would accents (vents, door handle surrounds, cup holder, other little stuff) be then? Then what color for the headliner? Should I paint the pillars?

If not blue then I was going to get silver on the headliner, driver's door card, and dash, then paint all the little stuff like vents and the bottom of the sunroof cover blue.
Still undecided about the pillars.
If I do the headliner, where should I stop in the rear? I think it would look like crap if I went all the way down by the rear speakers with paint.
opinions?
Old 06-29-2005, 12:25 PM

IMHO, painted the dash and matching door piece silver or body color looks good. Everything else should stay the way it is.
Old 06-29-2005, 03:08 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

thats what i would say.

do some photoshop work to see how things would look. if you need some interior shots(of a rd2, mind you) just ask, or buy yourself a damn digicam. wink1.gif
Old 06-29-2005, 03:41 PM

IMO, Keep it simple.
Just spray the center console, the plastic around the guages and the door pieces. Oh and the air vents if you like.
Apparantly painting the soft dash part is a pain.

If you do that, then you can paint the plastic parts either blue or silver and you will still have the black as the main colour.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:55 PM

I recommened keeping your pillars and headliner the way they are. Paint the dash trim and the door panel trim silver then your power window control box and doorhandle blue. Use blue has your contrast to the silver and black. Plus doing the trim pieces is so much cleaner and easier. I have a project right now I have to turn tan into black for the ENTIRE interior and it has become more of a pain then I thought.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:16 AM

Just like the old saying goes less is more. To much painting might turn something from really nice to overkill really quick.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:56 AM

^^ Very true auburnfan, paint it but keep it simple.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:24 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

paint it keep it simple, is there anyway to Powercoat it.. make sure on the dash peaices u use a prime or paint that is restance to. 1. the heat 2. uv/uvb rays from the sun so that they the paint wont fade,pubble or fade.. ahhh and also if you can cook the stuff you paint in a paint booth so the paint is hard and wont wipe off..
clear coat it also...

Simple but u want it to last right..
Old 07-13-2005, 11:47 PM

I think you should paint all the bigger things silver, bc silver is very easy on the eyes compared to blue. So do your accents blue, dash and doors silver and maybe a few small things black.