Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

interior paint

Old 03-30-2005, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior paint

does any one know how to remove interior vinal dye ? i painted my door pannels white and now i dont like it its been 1.5 yrs and i want to go back to stock. back to being simple. thanks
Old 03-30-2005, 09:26 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

I don't see dye coming off as easily as paint would, since dye penetrates the material more instead of just layering over top of it. Even if you did manage to strip it it would probably look horrendous.

Your best bet is some new door panels (Can you say Tibbychick?). Can always see what other people say. If it was paint, gas or a cleaner of some sorts (carb/choke, brake) would eat it off, but it would mess up the finish under that.

You painted the grayish part of the door, or the black part? With the black one, you could scuff it down and shoot it with some black, but it probably wouldn't look right. The gray would be harder to get that stocky feel with.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:30 PM

no i painted the leathery part of the door i like the blue on the plastic part though yeah it was that crapy dye you can buy .any hoo tibbychic said she didnt think her pannels would fit i have an rd2
Old 03-30-2005, 09:55 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

try acetone.
worked for me, but don't use too much in one spot or it will start to eat it away. also work fast, because it dries like instantly.
you could also try that OOPS! stuff, but that doesn't work all the time.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:56 PM

You can't take it off.
Get new panels.

BTW, 1st and 2nd gen Doors are IDENTICAL. With the exception of color, ie like the Special Edition "Silver" colors and the all black 97's
As well some had the red light in the panel, but IT WILL FIT, just with or without light