Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Interior Neons

Old 09-06-2003, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Ok, I have 5 blue neon tubes. One of them is a 10" lightning, two are sound activated 15", and two are 10"plain. What would be the best location for each of these? Also, what would be the best wiring plan?
Old 09-06-2003, 11:03 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

The sound activation ends out being more of a pain than anything else man.

My Neon Tips...

1. Same brand = Same color. If you don't get the same ones all around, some of your colors won't match.

2. Measure 4 times before you install. I was sure, positive that these 10 inchers would fit under my seats, but with the end caps and sound activation modules, they didn't fit.

3. Rethink Neon... LED! Go LED if you can, more compact, no heat, last longer, more durable, more lighting options, easier to install, and less power consumption. I'm redoing all my Neon with LED's... Imagine, having them chase eachother around the car. Have the multicolor LED's so they come on blue with low volume/bass, and turn red as they get louder, or do the same for undercar and have it hooked up to your tach... RED = REDLINE

4. Make sure you hide your wiring, and keep it away from moving objects. Simple.

Ok, now to deal with what YOU have. If your 10's aren't too long (They usually just measure the tube it'self and not the caps on the end). I'd try to get one more LIGHTNING 10 inch and put both of those under the seats (Try mounting them to the bottom of the seat frames, and forward as far as you can to keep folks from hitting them with their feet). Run the wiring under the center console (From under the seats you'll see some holes in the carpeting to hide it in) to the shifter area. Put the 2 plains under the dash with the bulbs hidden from view. Run the wires for those behind the stereo and to the same section as the others. Prep the wires and hook all of the power wires up to one wire, connect that via wiretap to the cigerette lighter power wire. Run the ground to a ground. Easy.

For the 15's, mount them in the back, either on the sides diagonally (Let's say from your taillights to the rear seats, diagonally up), or if you have a big speaker box back there, hook one up on top and one on the bottom of it. Now, to wire these, I'd cut some slits in your carpet and run the wiring over to your trunk light like in my trunk light mod. Tap into the power wire and now they'll only light up when the trunk is open. Adjust the sound activation so they both light up the same. This will take awhile.

Sounds good to me man. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

I agree with what REDZ said... as for a switch, I'd consider using the spare change tray (one of the two) and having the switch in there. Or you could install it next to one of your existing switches if you already have one. As for LED's... I haven't gotten to like them yet. They're directional and don't really shine outward as much... and with a small trunk that would probably have stuff in it... you'll get little blue circles instead of a neon GLOW

But do as REDZ said and hide the bulbs and wires. Maybe consider having two small tubes (next step down from 10") mounting towards the back of the seats so that it shines into the floorboard of the backseat. It won't take much to light up this small space. Just an idea. This would also look good with the Door Handle LED mod and A/C halo's.
Door Handle LED mod - http://www.hyundaiaftermarket.com/noncgi/u...c;f=19;t=001640
Halo's - http://hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic...php?t=26324&p=1
Old 09-06-2003, 11:58 PM

Good point about the LED's man, I forgot about that. If you get the good bars, like the Varads, they are so bright that the light melds together. In the trunk though, that would be hard to say the least!

For a switch, I didn't even see him ask that, DUH! What am I thinkin?

Put one in the change holder that DOESN'T have the seperators, you never use it anyways. I'd suggest you use a GOOD quality LIGHT UP SWITCH, don't get a cheapo one from Autozone like I did. I bought 2 and they never matched brightness, and one barely lit up.
Old 09-07-2003, 08:42 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Yeah, I was thinking one switch. I already have it, it is a rocker swithc, with a blue led in it. It was $5 somewhere... Thanks for the tips. I will probably tackle this tonight. Oh mounting them, will double sided tape be good enough?
Old 09-07-2003, 01:34 PM

i'll stay out of this one lol. leds to me are to much of a pin in the ass. i can wire up som neons in about 2 seconds.
Old 09-07-2003, 05:54 PM

Hey guys for tips on neons I have tons in my car .
it looks the best when you put the neons mine are red.
under the dash under the seats front and rear.
and in the door pockets pain in the but but looks awsome and just for
kicks in all of the heater vents including the door vents.
and I have mine all connected to a relay whe the door opens and supplys
the negitive from the door trigger they turn on and when you close the door they shut off thus I made them my dome light neat huh just becarefull if you decide to do the doors. there are no room to but the wires in the door grommets you have to drill a hole big enough to fit some wire through but when you done it looks awsome at night when you open the doors heh have fun...
Old 09-07-2003, 06:18 PM

Default for tips

Use some zip ties. Tape and velcro will loosen with vibration and heat.