Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

How Do You Get To The 6 1/2" Speakers

Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought two mtx 6 1/2" speakers i took every screw out of the door panel it still wont come off. Im sure a lot of you have replaced your stock speakrs Help Apreciated. I have a 2000 tib
Old 12-05-2008, 05:06 PM

first be sure you got all the screws. i believe 2 on the side one in the handle and 2 more on the other side. then at the bottom there are plastic clips that u have to pry off. just get a good grip on the bottom corner and pull.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:06 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

did you get the screws in the door handle?

my driver side panel came off like a b*tch, it had the gluey junk on there and took some real pulling to take off

my passenger side door/panel (well entire side for that matter) isnt from my tiburon, it looked like someone had already pulled it off before as there was no glue on it at all

really just takes some pulling, are you able to pry it at all or is it like screwed on there pretty much because the first time you pull off factory panels its a real pita because of the glue, just try prying at it and see what happens (just dont break anything)
Old 12-05-2008, 05:11 PM

Yes Got those screws in the handle. It looks like stuff connected to the door itself is screwed into the back of the panel i dont want to break anything but it looks like its gonna break them if i pull. but im not sure it could just look that way i was on my back with a flashlight
Old 12-05-2008, 05:12 PM

As mentioned, make sure you got all the screws. If I remember right, there are 2 on the side, 3 on the bottom and 2 in the door handle. I also found removing the plastic behind the rearview mirror made it easier to remove/replace the panel, but it's not necessary - that piece can just be pulled off.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:15 PM

Vehicle: 2000/Hyundai/Tiburon

^^ agreed, on my tib that piece has to be removed as it holds the top part of the panel on

as far as stuff being screwed onto the back, the power windows switch will be connected so you will have to reach your hand underneath the housing and disconnect it, its just a little tab that you move and will pop the harness off the module, other than that there shouldnt be anything connected to it unless you have keyless entry or some odd modification to it
Old 12-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

going from memory, there's 4 or 5 screws on the underside of the door panel. There's a screw in the door handle. There's at least one screw near the air vent, possibly only accessible with the door open.

I would roll down the window, and start to pry away at the top corner of the door. Wherever you feel resistance, look for a screw nearby. It just pops in and out, you'll have to tug a little bit to get it away but still be careful not to break anything. I also remember taking the cover to the backside of the side mirrors off. Not sure if it was necessary, but I did it.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:38 PM

I def know where all the screws are i just cant her the mid/top of the panel to come loose i really dont want to break anything the bottom came off pretty easily but the rest is so tough i feel like im gonna break something. But thanks im just gonna try to pry as firm but gentle as i can.

it might have had keyless entry at one point cause when i unlock my driverside the passenger side unlocks also
Old 12-05-2008, 10:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

idk if this will help but try pulling up a little bit, but i would pry along the outside first
Old 12-06-2008, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Vehicle: ǝdnoɔ sısǝuǝƃ

remove the door handle insert before pulling the door off. I also think it has to be pulled upward as well. That might be your problem.

You unscrewed the one at the door handle, did you pull that insert out? The resistance you're feeling mid-top is probably the door handle not slipping through the hole - the handle will stay attached to the door when you take the panel off.