Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Hey Tuney please help?

Old 06-03-2001, 03:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Tuney please help?

I need help, I have major engine noise coming from my front stage speakers, I am running my front stage from a orion 225HCCA amp I have an clarion crossover My subs are run of a kicker ZR240 I have an 8 gauge wire running to my stinger fuse block and then to the amps,and for the ground stinger block 4 gauge ground and from the block 8 gauge to the amps any ideas what may cause the engine noise? I saw that you had your factory replaced with an after market raido where did you get your instal kit for the tibby I have a 1998 tibby and can not find one to fit the stock raido curves any info would HELP. Thanks

[ June 03, 2001: Message edited by: Tibby Pimpin ]
Old 06-04-2001, 12:16 AM

Hopefully this will help. First check to make sure that your power, ground and remote turn on wires are at least three feet away from your speaker wires and your rca cables signal cables picking up engine noise from the power and ground wires are the most common cause of alternator whine. Make sure that your rca are of good quality elchezzo cables have crappy sheilding. Make sure everything in the car shares a common ground (example: if everthing in the car is grounded to the frame don't ground to the trunk lid follow suit and ground your amps to the frame). Check the charge on your battery if your battery is dying due to age or being run down this will cause your alternator to work harder and produce more engine wine to run threw the cables. Make sure you powerr and ground wires are not crossed if you must cross them due it a 90 degree angle only. Hope this helps if you need more help just post and I will try to help you out as much as I can.
Old 06-04-2001, 12:17 AM

heres my two cents bad rca's
Old 06-04-2001, 02:20 AM

I agree but even if that is the case try to make sure all the rest is done properly to running the wires, grounding point etc. It might take some more time but your system will run more effectively.
Old 06-04-2001, 02:55 AM

Frist, sorry Tunez it was late when I put up the post,I have an in-dash Clarion x-over so my x-over is not grouned to the same place as my amps are. As for the rca's I spent about $80 bucks on them. They are Phoenix gold so I hope that is not the problem.As for the battery it is new but when the bass hits my lights go dem,all of them, and when I turn my lights on the engine wine gets louder. I think I will buy a gel sell.My sub rca is run down the driver side of the car along with the power,remote turn on and the high rca is run down the pass side of the car,my ground is in the trunk to the frame,and is kind of close to the high's amp but do not cross any wires.Tunez I do need the dash kit for my car.Just e-mail me with where to send the money to.
Old 06-04-2001, 03:09 AM

It sounds like you have good equipment. If you get a gel cell that's a good addition but to stop the lights from dimming when the bass hits and making the noise loader get a stiffing cap 1 farad and it will help considerably if not stop it all together. I have been doing this for 8 years and am a first class mecp certified installer and this has me stumped. The only thing I can tell you is to check your connections and the routing of all your wires. Get another set of rca's either buy them or use a set laying around because just because you spent $80 on wires doesn't mean their not defective. And last take the car to the dealership inside the alternator the are a whole bunch of small capacitors they might be going bad and this would also cause the wine. Oh forgot something make sure none of your components are touching bare metal. Let me know what happens. Jaws
Old 06-04-2001, 03:15 AM

Just re-read your post move your sub rca's to run with your high input rca's remeber all signal wires away from power and ground and most of the power wires for the factory wiring runs down the driver side so run the signal cables either down the passanger side or the middle. But move thoise sub rca's away from the power.
Old 06-04-2001, 03:21 AM

I think I will get a stiffing cap 1 farad,I have plenty of rca's so I will try that, would the way I have my wires run cause this,or would it be that I have an 8 gauge wire comming form my battery back to my fuse block. But all in all thanks for all the idea's.Jaws I will let you know what happens.
Old 06-04-2001, 03:30 AM

The power wire gauge might matter if you do not have the same size (gauge) ground wire and if you system is to powerful for 8 gauge to handle how many total watts are you pushing from your amps?