Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Help Required With M&l Hub And Isotta Wheel

Old 11-04-2005, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

So, thanks to K-Spec, I finally get a hub that fits my RD Tib *and* my Istotta steering wheel. But that's where the fun begins:

On the outside of bottom of the hub, there is a conductive copper ring (ooh-er). On the inside of the hub there is a wire (which to with an connector which goes onto the Istotta wheel to make the horn go beep.

So far, so good. However, my question is: What does the conductive copper bottom sit on? When I previously took the steering wheel off, I can't recall seeing any type of connecting surface, although I do recall seeing a wire for the horn. Obviously the bottom of the hub is meant to kept in contact with a surface as the wheel turns, in order to provide current to the wire for the horn, so the wire does not get tangled. I have a circular plastic ring off the existing steering wheel with connectors for the horn and airbag , but I believe this is not needed - but maybe it is?

There is also another part of the hub kit for a horn, but it does not fit / go with with the supplied horn mechanism of my Isotta wheel.

Phew! Any ideas, folks?

Kind regards,