Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

What Amp For Speakers?

Old 11-01-2005, 08:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Alright for 6x9s i have Audiobahn AS69Q that run 200W RMS. For the front, I have Audiobahn component system that runs 320W RMS. What should I look for in a amp to power these speakers? Im trying to get my system squared away and this is holding me back. Thanks in advance.

OK I looked around and saw another topic about this so Im changing this one a little. I have an Audiobahn amp that puts out 150 watts per channel, 4 channels and all I get in the speakers is bass and it sounds like sh1t. I know the speakers will sound good if I can get this problem fixed. Please help.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:04 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

bump for help
Old 11-07-2005, 09:17 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

I've got the same Components front and back, and they kick ass.

Mine aren't amplified, but my HU puts out plenty of power.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:19 AM

the only reason you would ever really need an amp for component speakers is if you have a pussy HU... other than that you really dont need the amp, unless you want to try to blow your speakers!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Hyundai Tiburon

It really depends on what you are looking for in your sound. A good HU like an Alpine or Clarion, Even Sony will give most people great sound. If you want the most out of your components, then an amp is definately the way to go. Amps are more efficeint than a HU and will give a cleaner sound. Crisper high's and punchier mid bass. And, if you set it up right, you will actually get longevity from your speakers by using an amp. Remember, if your speakers are not getting the power they need, that means THEY are struggling to recreate the frequencies, resulting in faster speaker wear and more blown speakers.

my .02
Old 11-08-2005, 06:50 AM

if you are only getting base out of your speakers then either the amp is hooked up to the wrong output... or it's tuned wrong... make sure that if it has one the switch is set to either full range or high pass... low pass will yield only bass

as for blowing speakers... more speakers are have been blown from being underpowered than they have for being overpowered ^^^^tibbytib^^^^ explains why that happens perfectly