Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Help ! (i Hope This Is In The Right Place)

Old 05-05-2006, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1998 Tiburon

Hey peeps.

I havent had much trouble with the car's alarm (a 98 tib FX).

When I got the car the remote wasnt programmed and it needed a new battery but after quickly realising it was a Clifford Arrow II and not a hyundai advanced alarm (lol) I managed to get it working perfectly.

However last night something really worrying happened.

I got home from work and drove over to the mailboxes to collect the mail and wanted to leave the engine running with the door open so I didnt have to mess around.

I went to open the door lock but it refused to budge... so I used the alarm remote and it sounded *rough* (this is the driver side).

So I got the mail and when I drove over and parked and got out the car to set the alarm for the night I set the alarm as I normally would do but the motor (or it sounds like it) for the driver side locking is now making this really loud and frightening buzzing sound when I lock the car up, almost like it's shredding gears or something.

Does this sound bad? It sure does sound expensive so far 02.gif

Im hoping that it may need adjusting, reason I say that is I had to call a locksmith out a couple of months back to shim the door open as the alarm set and locked me out of the car.

Any help or advice is warmly welcomed smile.gif

Andy
Old 05-05-2006, 01:02 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Its the door lock actuator that's causing your problems.

Take the door pannel of and have a look at it. It may have gone bad, which you would need to replace (not very expensive at all) or it might just need adjusting

I would suggest adjusting it if it still works so that the actuator rod is parallel to the door lock rod. This way the actuator isn't put on a lot of stress.

Let us know what you see once you take the door pannel off.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:10 PM

QUOTE (tanc @ May 5 2006, 01:02 PM)
Its the door lock actuator that's causing your problems.

Take the door pannel of and have a look at it. It may have gone bad, which you would need to replace (not very expensive at all) or it might just need adjusting

I would suggest adjusting it if it still works so that the actuator rod is parallel to the door lock rod. This way the actuator isn't put on a lot of stress.

Let us know what you see once you take the door pannel off.

Ahhhh yeah it sounds like it's slipping or something so you could be right on the money there with the actuator smile.gif

Im working tonight so Ill strip the door down tomorrow and let you know how I get on, the noise it's making made me lose sleep last night, I wanted to strip it down right there and then lol.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:24 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Tiburon

Okay NP. Also please do not quote the post right above you when you are replying. It just clutters the thread. You can quote a post if there is a couple posts after it so that people know what post you are referring to. Everyone knows when you reply what post you are refering to when it's right above yours, so no need for quotes. THanks laugh.gif
Old 05-05-2006, 02:03 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

word to both things tanc said.

how do people still manage to do that even though the add reply is gone now..lmao.gif
Old 05-05-2006, 10:20 PM

By pressing addquote smile.gif

On every other forum I use we use the quotes as a way of replying directly to the person.. and, because of the volume of posts it's usually a good idea to do that because someone may post during your post time and then it doesnt make sense..

NP tho, thanks for the advice Im gonna be on it in the morning smile.gif