Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Heated and power seats in a tib

Old 08-03-2011, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 1999 Tiburon FX
Default Heated and power seats in a tib

Has anybody put heated and power seats in their tibs? I'm sure you could just buy heating pads to put in the stock seats, but Im talking about getting heated powered ones from a different car and transplant them in a tib. Im guessing the only thing someone would have to do is make brackets for the new seats to fit and then finding a good power source to tap into for the power.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 G4GF-EG

It works like this in the RD2:

Though I do not have heated seats the cable just runs there and in the center console you find the connectors for the optional heated seats. You can just hook up the standard cables to the buttons. Here is the DIY. It was actually made by another member, but I couldn't remember if he wason this site so i looked him up on another one.

Regarding whether there is enough power on this connection for powered and heated seats: Recaro told me you could connect their seats to it and just "bridge" the original switch connector to use the power which is then continually provided by the original cable.

Good luck!