Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Heat Dial Won't Spin

Old 01-03-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took of the center dash part way off to put in some vent halos and just got them wired up and was putting the dash back together and tested all the dials and the hot/cold dial won't spin and it's stuck on cold! I live in Ontario, my entire family uses the car, its minus 12 right now and I have work in 2 hours!? Someone, Please help me out here!
Old 01-03-2008, 01:29 PM

Vehicle: 01/hyundai/tiburon

is the cable on the back connected down by the gas pedal, it could be stuck on somthing to. i can get pics of it quick, my dash is in my room lol

edit: oops didnt see all that stuff in the shoutbox... im going to assume the gear on the back of the dial is stuck, or a wire got stuck in it. were u using it when it got stuck or was it just stuck after u got ur dash back to gether? either way i might have to rip it all off again to get to the gear. shaking the wire around as far up into the dash as u can through the footwell might fix it wink.gif
Old 01-03-2008, 01:33 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

Yeah the cable is probably stuck, same thing happened to me

It connects to believe a yellow piece by your gas pedal
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 PM

Thanks for helpin guy's. It's good now.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:05 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^ dude, you gotta post the soloution!
Old 01-03-2008, 10:31 PM

Lol, I know. I had to go to work...Well, once TC told me about the lever near the gas pedal I remembered reading somthing about it and it was in the heater cluster LED DIY so I checked that real fast to get an idea of what I was looking for so I went out and saw that the little clip holding the cable down had wire coating shredding stuck to it, like what it look's like when you drill through plastic you know (little pig tail type swirls) so I took the clip off and slid the wire coating back down to where it should have been. I guess taking the dash halfway off without taking the clip off near the gas pedal was holding it back and I was yanking on the dash so the only thing it could do was slip up like that. Was kind of a scare though when everyone told me it was just a tempoary fix to push the lever down but it was just that the coating slipped up the cable. To make thing's make a bit more sence, basically it pulled the cable all the way while the dial was turned all the way to cold, so it "thought" it was at all the way hot, where it should have been, so it couldn't go anywhere. The cable was maxed out while in the cold position. Might make more sence if you think of it like that.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:43 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Oh, ok, I had that problem once when I attatched the clip before the ring. it wasn't that severe though. I just couldn't get heat.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:31 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

^^^that's my problem right now, no heat. I was just gonna troubleshoot through it this weekend but if you could post your solution or already did it may be the first thing i should try.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:04 AM

^^You have no heat because the dial won't spin to the hot section, or is it somthing else?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:37 AM

Vehicle: 2001 Tiburon

The dial spins fine and when it does the yellow lever by the pedal moves too. If I turn the temp knob to the hottest or all the way to the right and put the fan on 1 or any other number I get cold air. I have left it on to see if it just needed time but it's still cold. When I'm driving with the A/C button in and the heat cranked all the way hot (right), it is so cold that the bottom of my windshield will frost up and in 60-70 degree weather.