Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Got My Amp And Sub Installed Today :)

Old 04-19-2005, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in Feb I got a 12" 1200W Sony Xplode sub and 1200W Sony amp. Finaly decided to install them today. Took me about 2-2.5hrs with running the power cable under the car, and taking the whole dash, middle sections, and rear seats out to run the wires. Sounds freaking amazing!

I can post some pictures if anyone wants to see, but it's just a vented box, red sub, and an amp. Everyone seen/have those smile.gif

Where did you guys run your power cable? I decided to run mine under the car to make it easier, but I think it would have been easier to make a hole in firewall...
Old 04-19-2005, 11:38 PM

Vehicle: 1997/ Hyundai/ Tiburon

I Wanna see them... Pics would be nice. When my shop did it, they wired it under the plastic thing on the bottom driverside seal. They go all the way back under the seat and it pops up where the back seats coonect to the trunk. confusing but the wires are hidden.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:38 PM

I ran mine right under the sunroof drain tube. Worked out pretty well. Its right behind the fender in front of the door! I was able to fit a 2 ga wire through it.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:56 PM

I'll take some pictures this weekend. It looks normal except the spare tire well with a sh*t load of extra wires laying around.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:49 AM

I drilled a hole in the firewall above the inside fuse box, and routed the power wire along the driver's side of the car. There's plenty of room the whole way for as big a wire as you could want. I used 2 gauge, which is more than enough for my needs.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:58 AM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

WOw! I also have a sony explode (class D) amp and sub. Mine is a 12" with a sealed box. I was able to fit a grill cover over the front of that f0Xin' pentagon to protect it. I ran my power wire from battery, under the hood, to the side of the hood slam bumpers through the crack between the quarterpanel and door, through the weather stripping down through the fuse panel cover, into the doorjam raceway at the bottom, around the back seat, into my capacitor.

The problem is that you can see the wire in the crack where the corner of the windshield, the door and the driver's side front quarterpanel meet. You can also see it when you open the door.

So, I have a hole drilled and grommeted for re-running it (when i get bored) from my battery through the engine compartment, under the engine, into the passenger seat floor area, into the passenger side doorjam raceway, around the back seat and into the capacitor.

I like to keep my wires inside the vehical. If you run a capacitor, and anything touches that fux0r or the wire, it's possible they can blow up your trunk. They HAVE been known to blow off entire quarterpanels.

I find it beneficial to my night driving to have a capacitor because when i installed my last amp (1200 w class AB amp) , my headlights, interior lights, and dash illumination kept flashing and distracting me from my driving. EVEN MY RPMs would drop! I added a cap it helped, but i worried about my alternator even still, so i went with a Class D amp.

Bassically, do not add a cap to your system without re-running your wire, or you risk blowing it up.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:57 AM

Vehicle: 2000 Hyundai Tiburon

post the pics man smile.gif
Old 04-20-2005, 07:11 AM

Vehicle: 2008/Hyundai/Tiburon gt

yup yup yup lets see the pics! B) it sounds sweet wink1.gif
Old 04-20-2005, 09:08 AM

I found a pre-exsisting hole in the firewall to run my 2ga wire.

Did you get a battery upgrade or bigger alt? or are you going to run it on stock electical?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:15 AM

Lucky you smile.gif

I have a huge batter in my car. 720 CC Amps. So, unless I see something wrong with the car I will keep everything the way it is smile.gif