Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

a good cd player

Old 11-15-2001, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a good cd player

i want to get a good 6 disc cd player for my car to put in my trunk does anybody know of a good one and if so can you tell me how much thankyou..
Old 11-15-2001, 10:50 AM

Any thing ALPINE prices vary!
Old 11-15-2001, 12:19 PM

eek.gif Anything Alpine will cost a pretty penny. They make good stuff, but you have to have the money 4 it.
Old 11-15-2001, 04:10 PM

The entry level Alpine stuff isn't that bad in price it is pretty close to their competion in price but their quality level for the buck is much higher. Go to www.alpine1.com and brose threw their products. This is the best reason to go with Alpine or Kenwood www.kenwood.com both Alpine and Kenwood have what's called silcone dampening units inside to absorb the shock they are the only two that have this feature although their are some out their that mimick the idea it is far less superior to theirs. Take Sony for instance, they have what's called ESP (Electronic Skip Protection) what it does is read the cd's seconds ahead of where you are listing to it although you don't hear the skipping it is and in time can cause damage to the cd's. Hope that helps but again go to the sites and check out their stuff. And yes the Alpine Ai-net cd players are expensive because they incorperate fiber optic technology into the Ai's that is the reason for the high pricing on the Higher end stuff. And another reason to go with either of the two brands I mentioned is because they put the same skip protection in their lower end peices as well as their higher end, to me that says the company cares about their customers not matter how much they spend.
Old 11-15-2001, 04:18 PM

Vehicle: 2000 Tib

all my DJ gear is Pioneer...think Alpine quality for less...they really do have a fine sound quality. And the equipment is VERY reliable. I always say "Ya can't go wrong with pioneer."
Old 11-16-2001, 06:41 AM

how can sony ESP mess up a cd?
Old 11-16-2001, 08:51 AM

The way it can is because it has nothing dampening the bumps and what not so even though you don't hear it you cd is jumping around like a 12 year old at a sleep over filled up with sugar and it migh end up scratching the cd I have many customers come to me with scratched cd's from their Sony's. Now granted it doesn't happen alot and by many I mean 10 I went overboard alittle but it does and can happen that is why I stear people away from Sony.
Old 11-16-2001, 06:56 PM

Vehicle: 01 Tiburon

i agree with Alpine. top quality and worth every penny. with respect to decks, they offer amazing sound clarity that a panasonic or a kenwood just wouldnt or couldnt do.

with respect to amps--man those V12's kick butt. and you can pound em and they keep going and going and going....

btw, reced a Civic SiR this evening. kicked his sorry butt, and my engine has no mods yet.