Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

GK seats in my LC

Old 12-23-2010, 06:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent
Default GK seats in my LC

So about 4 years ago I swapped in the black clothe seats from a GK Tibby into my LC Accent. Now this of course is nothing new as its been done by some people already. About 2 years ago I bought some matching rear seats and no clue on how I was gunna make em fit. I started with the rear cushion as it would be the easiest. Not much was needed to get the bottom seat to fit. Basically all I had to do was flip it upside down and flatten some of the wire frame for it to sit well in the seat pan. Also there was a bit of metal to cut out were the 2 locking inserts lined up on the bottom front of the seat. As for the back well... pain in the ass! So there is no support for the split back. The tib brackets on the seats lined up to nothing. I took the Accent mounts and modified the seat to get the bracket to fit... and it lined up with the bolt holes. This Is EPIC I thought until I saw the seat and how it was way to low and squishing the top an bottom seats together. I added a spacer underneath the bracket to rise the seat up but never addressed the lack of support for the split back other then my speaker box up against it. Well 2 years later I got around to addressing it. Please enjoy the crappy nightime pics!

Using 2 pieces of the 1" thick unisrtut the one on the bottom doubled as a spacer under the brackets and now gave me the abillity to (after some bending) use the bracket at the bottom of the split back. The top unistrut is bolted to were the latch at the top used to be. The plastic had to be cut away for the unistrut to fit.

Close up of the right side bracket. The bolt hole on the bracket that passes through the unistrut had to be slotted. With the bracket raised it no longer lined up with the holes.

The next step is to fill this gap. I have some ideas and Ill post an update when I get to it.

Warning my interior needs a serious detail job!

the seats no longer fold down do to the bracket and seat combo but thats fine with me. I have a truck so I have no need for it to fold down. The top Unistrut bar is gunna get wrapped in carbon fiber so its not so FUGLY and the bottom one sits under the trunk carpet so no worries there.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Vehicle: 2000 Elantra

Unistrut . . . not just for warehouses
Old 12-24-2010, 11:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vehicle: 02 Hyundai Accent

LOL Stocker! Ironically thats exactly were I got it from, my warehouse. I found 2 cut pieces that were almost a perfect fit, just had to cut a few inches off with the chop saw.
Old 12-24-2010, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Vehicle: Two Accents, Mini, Miata, Van, Outback, and a ZX-6

Looks good!