Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Gauge Face Questions.

Old 03-04-2005, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new here but I figured better to use this thread then start 'another' one for gauge faces laugh.gif

I got some questions about it:

1. I wanted to order the Bros ones from kspec, I saw loads of you guys got them so they must be good smile.gif
What about the HP gauge face ? HP got one but the picture totally doesn't look like the stock gauge face, what's up with that ?

2. Can you use the stock bulbs or should you order the 4 x T10 and 6.5 bulbs along with the gauge face from kspec to get the best result ?

3. I don't wanna use the stock ones again so Can I just cut them getting them out and put the Bros ones in without having to remove the needles and reading like 4 threads about recalibrating all that crap again laugh.gif

4. Aren't the stock gauge faces glued ? so what's the best way too stick the new faces, glue, double sided tape ?

I think that was it smile.gif
Old 03-04-2005, 03:43 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

QUOTE (ViperĀ®)
I am new here but I figured better to use this thread then start 'another' one for gauge faces laugh.gif

No, that's called HIJACKING, please start your own thread, especially for multiple questions.

1. I wanted to order the Bros ones from kspec, I saw loads of you guys got them so they must be good smile.gif
What about the HP gauge face ? HP got one but the picture totally doesn't look like the stock gauge face, what's up with that ?

Never seen them. Post a link or a pic and we'll tell ya.

2. Can you use the stock bulbs or should you order the 4 x T10 and 6.5 bulbs along with the gauge face from kspec to get the best result ?

Use the stock bulbs. Or get some LED replacements from www.ebay.com or www.superbrightleds.com

3. I don't wanna use the stock ones again so Can I just cut them getting them out and put the Bros ones in without having to remove the needles and reading like 4 threads about recalibrating all that crap again laugh.gif

Yeah, but then you might have issues with the needles anyways or break one. Just take the whole thing apart, not like calibrating it is hard.

4. Aren't the stock gauge faces glued ? so what's the best way too stick the new faces, glue, double sided tape ?

Ehh, they got some sticky stuff on the back, but that's it. The new ones don't need anything, just use the little OEM pins to hold the bezels on top of them.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:44 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

0) please search next time before posting, all of these have been discussed before except #3.

1) you know that BROS gauges come in KPH, not MPH right?

2) they will work with stock bulbs, but you will not see the full effect of the color when you turn your lights on, I suggest getting colored aftermarket replacement bulbs.

3) you do not need to cut them out, once you get your gauge cluster out just pull them off. i am pretty sure you will need to take the needles off though, but it's not hard to recalibrate them.

4)yes, but it is easy to get the stock gauges off they just pull off, the adhesive is not strong. use double sided tape/hot glue.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

calibrating is not hard at all, but if you dont wanna deal with it, you can just cut the stock faces off without any problems. the opening for the needles on the bros gauges is more than enough to slip the faces over if you bend them a little. as long as your semi-careful, there is no way you would break anything.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:01 PM

Damn you guys react quickly...

*thinks*

Must be the 6/8 hour time difference laugh.gif

1. Sorry for not using the search but I wanted to order the gauges quickly and don't want to read until 5 am. before I have a satisfying answer.

2. Hijacking thread ? Most of the time in the forums I'm on ppl tend to rather put your questions about a subject in the same thread then start another one which almost looks the same as all the others. In that case renaming the Interior & ICE -> Gauge change is more appropiate laugh.gif

3. at the HP website you got this gauge face: http://shop.hyundaiperformance.com/shop/it...hp?i=APC_202065
It says it's for a 2000 - 2001 Tiburon confused.gif

ps. I live in the Netherlands. Kmh is standard here, so I rather have Kmh so Bros gauge faces are right for me smile.gif
Old 03-04-2005, 04:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon, 2004 Kia Sorento, 2010 Kia Soul

1. Search anyways, it only takes 3 seconds.

2. It's still Hijacking. it's not what the original thread was about at ALL>

3. Those are the APC indeglows, and VERY ugly.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:10 PM

1. I just looked at 5 threads, so working on that smile.gif

2. Ok ok, chill. I wanna have my own thread then cool.gif

*looks at thread title*

Scrap that demand laugh.gif

3. Yeah, they looked like crap anyways. And not really like the gauges I want

Last question before I leave you guys in peace rolleyes.gif

Does the blue marine color come from the gauge itself (my guess) or from the bulbs ?

@ kspec it says best to use the bulbs:
http://www.kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=33&ai_id=446 and
http://www.kspec.com/list.php?ac_id=33&ai_id=447

Is this the best option ? Then I just order them along with my gauge smile.gif
Old 03-04-2005, 04:12 PM

Vehicle: 97 Tib

the blue color comes from the bulbs...as i already stated.

imo, the speedglo gauges are not ugly. i kind of like how they light up EVERYTHING, rather than just the numbers.
Old 03-04-2005, 04:22 PM

QUOTE (zoned019)
the blue color comes from the bulbs...as i already stated.

imo, the speedglo gauges are not ugly. i kind of like how they light up EVERYTHING, rather than just the numbers.

LoL, I must read as bad as you do wink1.gif

it says at kspec:

Bros Natural White Bulbs.

"A set includes 2 bulbs that are 10mm each.
These bulbs are not just painted, but have ceramic coating which doesn't fade over time.
These will not produce blue color, but produce ultra white color.
Gauges produce blue or red color not these bulbs.
Please compare them in the larger picture."

So that's why I thought the color came from the Bros gauge replacement rather then the bulbs. But if you say it doesn't, it probably doesn't smile.gif
Old 03-04-2005, 05:48 PM

Go with the Bros gauges OR the AOS reverse indiglo gauges which can be found at www.speedstate.com.

OR

Contact tibby01 (member/moderator here) and he'll hook you up. Search for Tibby01's LED stuff. whole thread about JUST the work that he does. But hes rather busy right now with school....... But he does awesome work.

OT : Tibby if you see this, I plan on installing the heater controls the next decent (60-70)saturday or sunday we have. So my stock controls will be heading your way soon.