Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Gauge Bulb specs

Old 03-26-2005, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauge Bulb specs

Hello hello, its been awhile since my last post havent been doing much with the tibby since its been put away for the winter but soon to come laugh.gif anyway my question is this, i am planing on buying the red wine gauge set for my 2000 tiburon SE and was wondering what bubls i would need to order. I have done a search but everyone is saying different things so i do not know which bulbs to order, so any help would be great. Thanx
Old 03-26-2005, 06:11 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

well, your stock bulbs should work fine. if you want them to be really bright though, try the "WLED-5 LED bulb" seen here, in white...

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/sto...cgi?product=CAR
Old 03-26-2005, 07:49 PM

I wonder if those wled-6 bulbs have a wide enough angle for the gauges. Have you tried them before? I guess you could sand them down. . .

I have a pair in the corner lamps, I might just test them out. I still haven't messed with my gauges since installing the LEDs, but I want to try white ones and see how they look. I was going to order white wled-5s.
Old 03-26-2005, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: 2001/Hyundai/Tiburon

sh!t, its not the 6, its the 5s....

editing post. thanks for catching that fonseca.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:35 AM

I've got the Marine blue gauges for my Rd2 and I would not recommend keeping the stock bulbs. I replaced mine with new ones and still I see little difference in color dark/light because of the to little light emission.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:35 AM

Cool thanx for all the input, ill let you guys know how those bulbs work out laugh.gif
Old 03-28-2005, 11:38 AM

Varad makes some killer 194 bulbs. The pro series are only 3 leds but they make a lot more light than the 5 led superbright leds. I had the superbright ones and really wasnt happy with them. I've had the Varad ones for about 3 months now behind the gauges, in the front lamps, and in the tag light.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:49 PM

Where'd you get them from UltraTibby? Cardomain?

I found out why there was a dim spot in my speedometer: one of the WLED-5 bulbs was dead! I guess it never worked, but the rest were so bright that it just looked like a dim area and not a bad bulb.

I put in a single LED wide angle 194 bulb in white in its place, and it's nowhere near as bright as the WLED-5s of course, but it lights up the "Shark" logo so nicely. So I'm planning on getting some WLED-5s in white to try them out, and some more single LED 194s. If they light up the red on the RPM well, I won't mess with wiring individual LEDs. The crisp blue will probably be lost though.

Also, I tried some white #74 baseless wide angle bulbs for the gas and temp locations, they don't light up the red parts at all, and are much dimmer than the blue LEDs I had already, so I'll stick with blue there for now. I'm using those blue ones in my turn signals as well, and they are way too bright, it's almost painful! I'm going to get some of the rounded LED ones in bases in hopes that they aren't as bright.