Interior, Sound, Security Modifications to the Interior of your Hyundai. Seats, Carpet, Car Audio & Entertainment, interior painting, security, etc..

Floor Led

Old 03-04-2008, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on putting in leds above the floor pedals this weekend... blue.. just like below:

probably gunna use 9''? unless anyone suggests different.

i would like to wire them to the cig lighter so there is no wire clutter... but i have no idea how.. can someone explain how to do that?
Old 03-04-2008, 06:59 PM

Vehicle: 2001 Hyundai Tiburon

There is a slight opening to get the wires into the center console. Then just take the shifter surround and the piece around the radio so that you can get to the wires.

The power wire for the cig lighter I believe is the green one. Tap the power into there and it should be fine, the easiest way is to get some wiretaps like This.

And if you want throw a switch in there so they aren't on all the time.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 PM
DTN

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is an illumination line to the cigarette lighter. It's the one out of the 3 wires that is turned the other direction then the other 2. Ground can be from any chassis bolt. If you just want it on with the car instead of the running lights, then you can use the wire that runs from the back of the cigarette lighter. I'd use one of the shifter base bolts to hook up ground. You should have no problems other then making it safe. Make sure that it is safe.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:28 PM

hmm so i just take out the center like i would when i put in stereo... connect wire to the green one... sounds easy...

how would i go about the switch though?

QUOTE (DTN (DrivingTibNaked) @ Mar 4 2008, 08:01 PM)
There is an illumination line to the cigarette lighter. It's the one out of the 3 wires that is turned the other direction then the other 2. Ground can be from any chassis bolt. If you just want it on with the car instead of the running lights, then you can use the wire that runs from the back of the cigarette lighter. I'd use one of the shifter base bolts to hook up ground. You should have no problems other then making it safe. Make sure that it is safe.

eh maybe it wont b so easy...

also while im on the lines of interior lighting... a friend gave me some blue bulbs that he used to change the color on his gauge cluster...

is it possible to just pull apart the cluster... and swap bulbs? also... they are 6-194's.. would that work?
Old 03-04-2008, 07:38 PM
DTN

^^ The green wire with the white stripe and the one I described are the same wire. Grounding should be from a shifter bolt or any other bolt. We had posted at the same time, I would not have talked about it if I had seen his post.

It won't look good if you try to use 194 blue bulbs. It will be very dim and very un-even. Red can work, but definately not blue. You'll need an LED conversion. I have a gauge cluster ready to go for $120 shipped +swap of your old one if you'd like it.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:42 PM

man id love the gauges.. just cant afford right 02.gif

the friend with the 194's was also told it would b to dim on his eclipse... but tryed it and it loosk nice... i might as well try... it will just get me familiar with my car.. since im stupid with it
Old 03-04-2008, 08:05 PM
DTN

I wish I had a picture of the cluster with the blue bulbs. It works with red 194s, they light up the needles and the gauges are evenly lit, but not bright. Blue is about 1/4 as bright as the stockers. The needles are black and the numbers are bearly visible. They're also not evenly lit.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:13 PM

ah i see hmmm

im really short on cash and hed give bulbs for free... thtas y i was considering it... probably wont do now...

since im short on cash... walmart had some led tubes... half the price of autozone... i may try those
Old 03-04-2008, 08:25 PM
DTN

They won't fit inside there. Your best bet is to make your own insets. I was looking for a picture earlier, but I couldn't find it... Let me look again..

Here's a mod I performed for another member

heheh... just throwing this one in because it's cool

One doesn't go through all of this becasue 194s are a little dim. It's really dim mang.

Installed in Patreezy's car
Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 PM

those are 194's? i dont think they look dim

dtn whats ur take on walmart 15'' led tubes for the floor lighting... super cheap... but leds are leds

eh i suppose i could do a red interior lighting theme... then i can use 194 red bulbs... by far the easiest way to get rid of the terrible looking white... and the red floor leds are ok looking.